Can't download files, programs or attachments in any webmail progr

Rach412

Can't download files, programs or attachments in any webmail progr
I had updated to IE 8.0 awhile ago when it first came out, and everything was
fine. After a month or so of no issues, suddenly about a week ago I noticed
that I couldn't open attachments in yahoo, hotmail, or in my company's
webmail site. Also realized that when I tried to download files (like google
toolbar, or a spyware program) the files would not download. For both
issues, it seems at first like things are working and then the file never
opens or the program never runs. If I try to save a file or program to the
desktop or my downloads, it never appears.

This is pissing me off in a major way.

I did a round of microsoft "important updates" about a week ago, and I'm
wondering if this caused the problem. I uninstalled all the updates, but
that didn't helped. Rolled back IE 8.0 to 7.0, didn't help. Uninstalled
Norton, didn't help. Ran spyware software, didn't find anything. What is
going on and how do I fix it? I can't do any work from home because I can't
open any attachments in my corporate webmail! I'm about to go out and buy a
Mac. Seriously.
cowriter

Re: Can't download files, programs or attachments in any webmailprogr
Hello

Did you change something in IE policy for download?
You do not say if you are runing winXP/Vista/Win7 so I'll wing it from
here.

For me it sounds that something changed there and download is not
allowed.