Passwords Explorer 8

Chris & Barbara

Passwords Explorer 8
In Explorer 8 I have auto complete for user id and passwords. It fills in
the user id, but it is not doing the password. Is there a way to set this so
it will auto complete passwords also?

Thanks
Chris

Gordon

Re: Passwords Explorer 8

"Chris & Barbara" <newsgroups2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Explorer 8 I have auto complete for user id and passwords. It fills in
> the user id, but it is not doing the password. Is there a way to set this
> so it will auto complete passwords also?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

When you enter a password you should get a pop-up that asks you if you want
IE to remember the password. If you say Yes, then it does. At least it does
here...

Bob Lucas

Re: Passwords Explorer 8

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Chris & Barbara" <newsgroups2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In Explorer 8 I have auto complete for user id and passwords.
>> It fills in the user id, but it is not doing the password. Is
>> there a way to set this so it will auto complete passwords
>> also?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>>

> When you enter a password you should get a pop-up that asks you
> if you want IE to remember the password. If you say Yes, then
> it does. At least it does here...

Does this happen with all sign-in screens? Many web-sites
prevent the browser (any browser - and not just IE8) from storing
passwords. Some websites also prevent storage of user names.

This is often the case with bank websites. It is just one of the
weapons in the battle against fraud - because it forces the user
to type a password every time.

VanguardLH

Re: Passwords Explorer 8
Chris & Barbara wrote:

> In Explorer 8 I have auto complete for user id and passwords. It fills
> in the user id, but it is not doing the password. Is there a way to
> set this so it will auto complete passwords also?

An HTTPS (secured) site can use an HTTP directive the forbids the
caching of login credentials. Is the problem for all HTTPS sites that
you can find or just for a few that you frequent?

Did you ever say No to remembering the login credentials for a site?
If so, that gets remembered until you flush the auto-complete cache.

A web page can request that the login credentials not be remembered by
using the AUTOCOMPLETE=OFF attribute.

IE may not recognize there is a login form in the web page. It is
possible to code the HTML so IE can't find the login controls. Also,
if the web page is dynamically generated (via Javascript) then there is
no code for IE to find to identify the login form.

Did you purge all cookies before starting a new instance of IE? Do you
have IE configured to delete all your browsing history, including
cookies? Do you have other privacy or security software that will
delete cookies?

When you exit IE, did you check that all instances of iexplore.exe
actually got unloaded from memory? Check the Processes tab in Task
Manager after supposedly exiting IE.