webslices

popout

webslices
I have several of these in my favorites toolbar but some, especially MSN
Sport for me, do not update.
This is IE8 on Vista. Microsfot support said to reset IE8; change system
options; set everything to default after deleting files,history,cookies - and
nothing changed!
One of the things Microsoft said to delete was all the files in the view
objects option of the generl tab in internet options. None of these would
delete.

rob^_^

Re: webslices
Hi Popeye,

Right click on a Webslice on your Favorites Bar and select Properties from
the context menu.

There you will see settings for "Your computer check this feed or Web Slice
for new updates on a specified schedule.
and
Set the maximum number of updates you want saved for this feed. Changes take
effect when the feed is updated.

If this does not work then post back as you will require a more detailed
instructions to start your RSS update services.

Regards.

"popout" <popout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have several of these in my favorites toolbar but some, especially MSN
> Sport for me, do not update.
> This is IE8 on Vista. Microsfot support said to reset IE8; change system
> options; set everything to default after deleting files,history,cookies -
> and
> nothing changed!
> One of the things Microsoft said to delete was all the files in the view
> objects option of the generl tab in internet options. None of these would
> delete.

rob^_^

Re: webslices
Hi again,

I forgot to mention that the Pluck IE Addon (an IE6 RSS feed syndicator
addon) is incompatible with IE8. Uninstall it if is installed, you no longer
need it.