internet explorer 8 favorites width

stvchris

internet explorer 8 favorites width
i am in need of information on how to change the width of the entire list of
favorites. it is too wide in ie8 when it is locked open. i can change the
script of one but would like the same option as in internet explorer 6 where
i could drag the favorites bar to any width i wanted. i am a quadriplegic who
uses the mouse accessability feature in windows xp via the number pad, with a
mouthstick, and it takes quite a bit of time to keep opening favorites. any
help is appreciated.
Dan

Re: internet explorer 8 favorites width

"stvchris" <stvchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am in need of information on how to change the width of the entire list
> of
> favorites. it is too wide in ie8 when it is locked open. i can change the
> script of one but would like the same option as in internet explorer 6
> where
> i could drag the favorites bar to any width i wanted. i am a quadriplegic
> who
> uses the mouse accessability feature in windows xp via the number pad,
> with a
> mouthstick, and it takes quite a bit of time to keep opening favorites.
> any
> help is appreciated.

Are you using the star button to access the Favourites? The list is
resizeable, either when floating or when pinned, unless you have an add-on
installed that is preventing it from being resized.

--
Dan

frankie

Re: internet explorer 8 favorites width

"stvchris" <stvchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am in need of information on how to change the width of the entire list
> of
> favorites. it is too wide in ie8 when it is locked open. i can change the
> script of one but would like the same option as in internet explorer 6
> where
> i could drag the favorites bar to any width i wanted. i am a quadriplegic
> who
> uses the mouse accessability feature in windows xp via the number pad,
> with a
> mouthstick, and it takes quite a bit of time to keep opening favorites.
> any
> help is appreciated.

I am using IE 8 and just drag the Favourites bar to preferred width,
then lock using the left facing green arrow at the top.

HTH

Frankie

rob^_^

Re: internet explorer 8 favorites width
Also

Right click on a Favorites Bar link or Folder and select "Customize Title
widths" from the context menu. (only affects Favorties Bar (aka Links bar)
title widths)

Regards.