IE Developer Forums

muswell

IE Developer Forums
Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
Internet Explorer.

Regards

rob^_^

Re: IE Developer Forums
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

Eric Myer, Max Designs and other Designer luminaries.

MSDN IE Web Development Forum - public forum manned by monkeys.
google.com/pidgeons - google's web search engine room.

connect.microsoft.com - MS feedback and issue tracking (kinda like bugzilla)

You won't get anywhere without providing a link to your web site or
validated markup.

Your MSDN subscription entitles you to a number of free technical support
calls.

Regards.

"muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
> don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
> some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Regards

Don Varnau

Re: IE Developer Forums
Hi,
Look for "Internet Explorer Development" at
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-US/categories

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
> don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
> some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Regards

John

Re: IE Developer Forums
Seems that I'm not the only one having problems using IE8. Maybe it's time to
switch to another browser. Any recommendations?
--
John

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Look for "Internet Explorer Development" at
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-US/categories
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> > Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
> > don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
> > some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
> > Internet Explorer.
> >
> > Regards

> .

muswell

Re: IE Developer Forums

> Seems that I'm not the only one having problems using IE8. Maybe it's time
> switch to another browser. Any recommendations?
> --
> John

Amaya by w3c, this will get your code in order but it cannot fix the
rendering issues that are present in the current version of the browser.

Basically rendering is inconsistent across technologies in this particular
user agent, not so much across user agents as was the case so many years
ago.

It need someone with some development nouce not only in programming
languages but also those languages used for web development.

Boycotting a particular browser methodology doesn't really help anyone,
least of all the developer but the same goes for standing by and saying
nothing when the issues are so patently obvious and it is so incumbent on
Microsoft to change the situation.

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Look for "Internet Explorer Development" at
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-US/categories
>>
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>

>> "muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>> > Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although
>> > don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could
>> > address
>> > some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered
>> > using
>> > Internet Explorer.
>> >
>> > Regards

>> .

muswell

Re: IE Developer Forums

> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
>
> Eric Myer, Max Designs and other Designer luminaries.
>
> MSDN IE Web Development Forum - public forum manned by monkeys.
> google.com/pidgeons - google's web search engine room.
>
> connect.microsoft.com - MS feedback and issue tracking (kinda like
> bugzilla)
>
> You won't get anywhere without providing a link to your web site or
> validated markup.
>
> Your MSDN subscription entitles you to a number of free technical support
> calls.
>
> Regards.

Thanks for replying.

I understand the issue about viewing the code but it's pretty plain from
where I sit.

When you can basically develop a complete solution from your own computer
using an open source web server, command interpreters and so on that are
relatively simple to configure when compared to times gone by; then you come
up against an issue which is technology specific, that is related to code
rather than what is interpreting it, you can then expect to "see the goods"
but when it is an issue of how a particular application deals with something
on the same system as something else, eg internet explorer, and other
browser etc., you have to call the situation for what it is.

Bad implementation Microsoft, get your act together now or watch as your
influence diminishes!

> "muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>> Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
>> don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
>> some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
>> Internet Explorer.
>>
>> Regards

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Developer Forums
Do you have the expertise to use Google?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

muswell wrote:
> Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although
> I don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could
> address some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are
> rendered using Internet Explorer.
>
> Regards

Re: IE Developer Forums
See http://lmgtfy.com/?q=internet+explor...elopment+forum

or...

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...iedevelopment/

muswell wrote:
> Are there any around, this doesn't seem to have the expertise, although I
> don't expect that it should but it would be good if someone could address
> some of the concerns I have with respect to how things are rendered using
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Regards

rob^_^

Re: IE Developer Forums
Hi,

Look at your posted questions. They are rants.

If you want answers post descriptive questions with as much detail as
possible. If you are asking technical questions then please include links to
sample code or your actual web site.

We are volunteers and enthusiasts here. This is a public forum as are the
MSDN developer forums. Anybody can put up their hands to answer questions
(even you, although the quality of your answers is questionable).

MSFT moderate the forums but rarely answer questions directly. If you want
to report an issue the connect.microsoft.com is the only portal where you
can do this. MS is rather large. Channeling change requests through the one
portal is the only way to ensure that it will be triaged and addressed in a
timely manner. You will never get anywhere unless you can find the front
door to the MS Feedback department.

If you require more immediate and intimate developer help, then you will be
better off consulting with peers and friends or if you are a MSDN subscriber
then you are entitled to a number of free support calls. Otherwise you
should contact your nearest MS Business partner who may have the expertise.

I am guessing (from your rants) that you are using Web Sphere and developing
in JSP. IBM and Trivolli are both business partners with MS.
God help you if you are using Callipso. (what a load).

Glad to here that you found the Amya browser. So how many Amya UAs do you
see in your web logs?

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Seems that I'm not the only one having problems using IE8. Maybe it's
>> time to
>> switch to another browser. Any recommendations?
>> --
>> John
>>

> Amaya by w3c, this will get your code in order but it cannot fix the
> rendering issues that are present in the current version of the browser.
>
> Basically rendering is inconsistent across technologies in this particular
> user agent, not so much across user agents as was the case so many years
> ago.
>
> It need someone with some development nouce not only in programming
> languages but also those languages used for web development.
>
> Boycotting a particular browser methodology doesn't really help anyone,
> least of all the developer but the same goes for standing by and saying
> nothing when the issues are so patently obvious and it is so incumbent on
> Microsoft to change the situation.
>

>> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Look for "Internet Explorer Development" at
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-US/categories
>>>
>>> Don
>>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>>

>>> "muswell" <muswell@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

>>> .

Donald Anadell

Re: IE Developer Forums

<snip>
> Glad to here that you found the Amya browser. So how many Amya UAs do you
> see in your web logs?

</snip>

Good question Rob, since Amaya is technically a Web Editor with Browsing
features and not the other way around
Amaya-Hypertext Editor with Browsing features
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/FAQ.html#L125

And just in case he needs it for checking those web logs:
A list of possible Amaya UA Strings:
http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/Amaya/

Donald Anadell