OutLook Express Error

WMB

OutLook Express Error

Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing Virus/Malware
scans, plenty of hard drive space.

I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I cant
remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If anyone
has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

Don Varnau

Re: OutLook Express Error
Hi,
What's the error message?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"WMB" <brown.2005@.comcast.net> wrote in message

> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing Virus/Malware
> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>
> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I

cant
> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If anyone
> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

WMB

Re: OutLook Express Error

I tried to send this before. Maybe I dont know enough. Hope it transports.

> Hi,
> What's the error message?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "WMB" <brown.2005@.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing Virus/Malware
>> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>>
>> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
>> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I

> cant
>> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If
>> anyone
>> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

Re: OutLook Express Error
[crosspost to OE General]

Copy/paste the complete error message into your post. No one's going to
open an attachment.
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

www.banthecheck.com

WMB wrote:
> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing Virus/Malware
> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>
> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I
> cant
> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If anyone
> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

WMB

Re: OutLook Express Error
Of course you are right about the attachment. My Outlook snatched it from
the body of the message and changed it into an attachment.
What it says is: "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the
server". I did want to show the picture. Thanks again.

> [crosspost to OE General]
>
> Copy/paste the complete error message into your post. No one's going to
> open an attachment.
> --
> OE-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>
> WMB wrote:
>> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing Virus/Malware
>> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>>
>> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
>> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I
>> cant
>> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If
>> anyone
>> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

Ron Sommer

Re: OutLook Express Error
Outlook is not the same as Outlook Express.
Outlook can't post to newsgroups, so you mean OE.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

> Of course you are right about the attachment. My Outlook snatched it from
> the body of the message and changed it into an attachment.
> What it says is: "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the
> server". I did want to show the picture. Thanks again.

>> [crosspost to OE General]
>>
>> Copy/paste the complete error message into your post. No one's going to
>> open an attachment.
>> --
>> OE-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>
>> WMB wrote:
>>> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing
>>> Virus/Malware
>>> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>>>
>>> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
>>> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I
>>> cant
>>> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If
>>> anyone
>>> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

Re: OutLook Express Error
Outlook and Outlook Express are *not* the same application. Be careful with
your shorthand references, please.

Is that the complete (verbatim) error message? Is your name@comcast.net
account involved and is this a sudden, new problem?

WMB wrote:
> Of course you are right about the attachment. My Outlook snatched it from
> the body of the message and changed it into an attachment.
> What it says is: "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the
> server". I did want to show the picture. Thanks again.
>
>> [crosspost to OE General]
>>
>> Copy/paste the complete error message into your post. No one's going to
>> open an attachment.
>> --
>> OE-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>
>> WMB wrote:
>>> Windows XP(Home), SP3, Outlook Express 6, IE-8. Continuing
>>> Virus/Malware
>>> scans, plenty of hard drive space.
>>>
>>> I get this error just every so often, when my computer is open to a
>>> newsgroup and idle for . Possibly twice per hour in the newsgroups. I
>>> cant
>>> remember if it has ever come up otherwise. I have no idea why. If
>>> anyone
>>> has any pointers, ideas, or information please offer it. Thanks.

WMB

Re: OutLook Express Error
Hi, and again thanks for trying to help. Sorry for dropping the Express in
Outlook Express I'll try to be more careful. That was the verbatim message.
Additionally, the message displayed in a rectangular box about 2X3 inches.
"Outlook Express" was the title in the top left border. The box contained 1
action button - OK, when this was clicked everything returned to normal.
Odd.

> Outlook and Outlook Express are *not* the same application. Be careful
> with your shorthand references, please.
>
> Is that the complete (verbatim) error message? Is your name@comcast.net
> account involved and is this a sudden, new problem?
>

> WMB wrote:
>> Of course you are right about the attachment. My Outlook snatched it
>> from
>> the body of the message and changed it into an attachment.
>> What it says is: "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by
>> the
>> server". I did want to show the picture. Thanks again.
>>
>>> [crosspost to OE General]
>>>
>>> Copy/paste the complete error message into your post. No one's going to
>>> open an attachment.
>>> --
>>> OE-specific newsgroup:
>>>
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> www.banthecheck.com

Re: OutLook Express Error
Reposting:

WMB wrote:
> Hi, and again thanks for trying to help. Sorry for dropping the Express in
> Outlook Express I'll try to be more careful. That was the verbatim
> message.
> Additionally, the message displayed in a rectangular box about 2X3 inches.
> "Outlook Express" was the title in the top left border. The box contained
> 1
> action button - OK, when this was clicked everything returned to normal.
> Odd.

>> Outlook and Outlook Express are *not* the same application. Be careful
>> with your shorthand references, please.
>>
>> Is that the complete (verbatim) error message? Is your name@comcast.net
>> account involved and is this a sudden, new problem?
>>

>> WMB wrote:
>>> Of course you are right about the attachment. My Outlook snatched it
>>> from
>>> the body of the message and changed it into an attachment.
>>> What it says is: "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by
>>> the
>>> server". I did want to show the picture. Thanks again.

WMB

Re: OutLook Express Error
If name@comcast.net account is involved, it is in a way that I am not aware
of. I cant say the behavior is sudden because it is so intermittent as to
not be that noticeable. As I think back, I believe it has been happening
for some time and I am just beginning to notice it. It is 1900 and my
computer has been on all day. Off and On I have been on the newsgroups and
it has not happened.