Cookies Question

Joe McGuire

Cookies Question
I tried to delete all my IE8 cookies in Temporary Internet Files. I pressed
Ctrl-A to select them and Delete to get rid of them. But 4 still remain.
If I try to delete them nothing happens except some error sound from the
computer. Can't rename them, either. One cookie is for Netflix, which
doesn't bother me. I have a Netflix account. But the others? One is from
EverythingOfficeFurniture.com; I have no idea who they are although I
obviously must have crossed their website somewhere over the last few months
even if I didn't realize it. But a relationship? No way! The others are
Turn.com and Serving-sys.com. I have no idea who they are, either. What's
going on that I cannot delete a few cookies? After all, this is MY
computer.

Re: Cookies Question
Windows version?

Any chance that Netflix, EverythingOfficeFurniture.com, Turn.com, and
Serving-sys.com (or sites containing their adverts) are bookmarked?

Joe McGuire wrote:
> I tried to delete all my IE8 cookies in Temporary Internet Files. I
> pressed
> Ctrl-A to select them and Delete to get rid of them. But 4 still remain.
> If I try to delete them nothing happens except some error sound from the
> computer. Can't rename them, either. One cookie is for Netflix, which
> doesn't bother me. I have a Netflix account. But the others? One is from
> EverythingOfficeFurniture.com; I have no idea who they are although I
> obviously must have crossed their website somewhere over the last few
> months
> even if I didn't realize it. But a relationship? No way! The others are
> Turn.com and Serving-sys.com. I have no idea who they are, either. What's
> going on that I cannot delete a few cookies? After all, this is MY
> computer.

Joe McGuire

Re: Cookies Question
Oops. XP Pro SP3

> Windows version?
>
> Any chance that Netflix, EverythingOfficeFurniture.com, Turn.com, and
> Serving-sys.com (or sites containing their adverts) are bookmarked?
>

> Joe McGuire wrote:
>> I tried to delete all my IE8 cookies in Temporary Internet Files. I
>> pressed
>> Ctrl-A to select them and Delete to get rid of them. But 4 still remain.
>> If I try to delete them nothing happens except some error sound from the
>> computer. Can't rename them, either. One cookie is for Netflix, which
>> doesn't bother me. I have a Netflix account. But the others? One is
>> from
>> EverythingOfficeFurniture.com; I have no idea who they are although I
>> obviously must have crossed their website somewhere over the last few
>> months
>> even if I didn't realize it. But a relationship? No way! The others
>> are
>> Turn.com and Serving-sys.com. I have no idea who they are, either.
>> What's
>> going on that I cannot delete a few cookies? After all, this is MY
>> computer.

Re: Cookies Question
[waiting for the other shoe to drop]

Joe McGuire wrote:
> Oops. XP Pro SP3

>> Windows version?
>>
>> Any chance that Netflix, EverythingOfficeFurniture.com, Turn.com, and
>> Serving-sys.com (or sites containing their adverts) are bookmarked?
>>

>> Joe McGuire wrote:
>>> I tried to delete all my IE8 cookies in Temporary Internet Files. I
>>> pressed
>>> Ctrl-A to select them and Delete to get rid of them. But 4 still
>>> remain.
>>> If I try to delete them nothing happens except some error sound from the
>>> computer. Can't rename them, either. One cookie is for Netflix, which
>>> doesn't bother me. I have a Netflix account. But the others? One is
>>> from
>>> EverythingOfficeFurniture.com; I have no idea who they are although I
>>> obviously must have crossed their website somewhere over the last few
>>> months
>>> even if I didn't realize it. But a relationship? No way! The others
>>> are
>>> Turn.com and Serving-sys.com. I have no idea who they are, either.
>>> What's
>>> going on that I cannot delete a few cookies? After all, this is MY
>>> computer.

Dan

Re: Cookies Question

"Joe McGuire" <mcguirejw@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I tried to delete all my IE8 cookies in Temporary Internet Files. I
> pressed Ctrl-A to select them and Delete to get rid of them. But 4 still
> remain. If I try to delete them nothing happens except some error sound
> from the computer. Can't rename them, either. One cookie is for Netflix,
> which doesn't bother me. I have a Netflix account. But the others? One
> is from EverythingOfficeFurniture.com; I have no idea who they are
> although I obviously must have crossed their website somewhere over the
> last few months even if I didn't realize it. But a relationship? No way!
> The others are Turn.com and Serving-sys.com. I have no idea who they are,
> either. What's going on that I cannot delete a few cookies? After all,
> this is MY computer.

Do you use MSN Messenger / Windows Live Messenger at all? Serving-sys.com at
least appears to be related to MSN Messenger ads, Turn.com is definitely an
advert system that is likely used by Messenger too.

--
Dan

VanguardLH

Re: Cookies Question
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> [waiting for the other shoe to drop]

What Bear is hinting at is if you have the Preserve option enabled in
the settings for browsing history deletion.