IE8 Favorites Side bar-very slow

JK

IE8 Favorites Side bar-very slow
When using the Favorites side bar, the favorites are very slow to react. The
mouse will hang over them. This was working fine with IE7. I have Win XP
SP3. The pull down Favorites work just fine but I'd like to find out why
this is happening and a fix for it.
KMK2

RE: IE8 Favorites Side bar-very slow
I have noticed the same thing. I display the Links bar on my Task bar in
Windows (XP, Vista & 7). With IE8 the path to Links is C:\Users\
[user]\Favorites\Links, same as previous versions of IE, but try finding that
via Windows Explorer. Even with Hidden Files and Folders exposed it's not
there, but it is listed (or renamed) under ...\Favorites\Favorites Bar. Sow
when you click to open or view the contents of the Favorites Bar it hangs as
if it's generating a view. Not critical, but frustrating. I'm still looking
into it.

"JK" wrote:

> When using the Favorites side bar, the favorites are very slow to react. The
> mouse will hang over them. This was working fine with IE7. I have Win XP
> SP3. The pull down Favorites work just fine but I'd like to find out why
> this is happening and a fix for it.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Favorites Side bar-very slow
Hi,

Guess (there have been no similar questions asked here).

Disable the Quicktime updater from your Windows startup list (msconfig) and
reboot your machine or uninstall Quicktime.

The first line of testing IE is to run IE in No-Addons mode. (Quiktime
updates is a Windows service though).

Regards.

"JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using the Favorites side bar, the favorites are very slow to react.
> The
> mouse will hang over them. This was working fine with IE7. I have Win
> XP
> SP3. The pull down Favorites work just fine but I'd like to find out why
> this is happening and a fix for it.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Favorites Side bar-very slow
Hi KMK2,

Did you downgrade to IE7?

The Favorites Bar folder in IE8 favorites still points to the
Favorites\Links folder.

Acid test: type shell:favorites\links in the IE address bar to open Windows
Explorer at the Favorites Bar/aks Links folder.

In IE7 and later the Links folder location is customizable and can point to
any folder location. This may mean that when you downgrade to IE7 your
Links setting in the Registry may no longer point to your IE8 'Favorites
Bar" folder.

Regards.