open in new tab default

rlastar

open in new tab default
I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it open in
new tab as a default setting.
Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.

I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and someone
can tell me where it is.

Thanks
rob^_^

Re: open in new tab default
Ctrl+Left Click

"rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it open
> in
> new tab as a default setting.
> Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
> frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.
>
> I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and someone
> can tell me where it is.
>
> Thanks

rlastar

Re: open in new tab default
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Ctrl+Left Click
>
> "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it open
> > in
> > new tab as a default setting.
> > Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
> > frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.
> >
> > I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and someone
> > can tell me where it is.
> >
> > Thanks

rob^_^

Re: open in new tab default
That is the only answer?

> Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Ctrl+Left Click
>>
>> "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it
>> > open
>> > in
>> > new tab as a default setting.
>> > Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
>> > frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.
>> >
>> > I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and
>> > someone
>> > can tell me where it is.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Bob

Re: open in new tab default
Click the link with the scroll wheel on your mouse.

"rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it open
>in
> new tab as a default setting.
> Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
> frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.
>
> I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and someone
> can tell me where it is.
>
> Thanks

rlastar

Re: open in new tab default
Great tip Bob and thanks for posting this. While I'd still rather have the
left click as a default option at least this saves a step.

Maybe IE 9 will have the default option available.

"Bob" wrote:

> Click the link with the scroll wheel on your mouse.
>
> "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know I can right click, but I'd rather just left click and have it open
> >in
> > new tab as a default setting.
> > Obviously, left clicking is what we all do most of the time and it's
> > frustrating when I left click by mistake and a new window pops up.
> >
> > I don't see this option in the settings and hoping it's there and someone
> > can tell me where it is.
> >
> > Thanks

> .

Bob