Uninstall IE 8

Texas Chick

Uninstall IE 8
Is there a way to uninstall IE 8, and go back to my old version? Ever since I
installed this I have had nothing but problems. I am not a technical person,
and I have a new computer that has never given me any trouble before this
installation. Within ten minutes my computer would not accept my dsl
connection, websites are blocked one minute and not the next, etc. When I
switched to my old computer the dsl worked fine, websites came up, etc. So, I
am thinking it's not the computer but the download of IE 8.

This new version should not have been released. I kind of feel like a test
guinea pig.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Gordon

Re: Uninstall IE 8

"Texas Chick" <Texas Chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to uninstall IE 8, and go back to my old version? Ever
> since I
> installed this I have had nothing but problems. I am not a technical
> person,
> and I have a new computer that has never given me any trouble before this
> installation. Within ten minutes my computer would not accept my dsl
> connection, websites are blocked one minute and not the next, etc. When I
> switched to my old computer the dsl worked fine, websites came up, etc.
> So, I
> am thinking it's not the computer but the download of IE 8.

Yes - like any other program.
However, most people have no problems with IE8.....

Bob Lucas

Re: Uninstall IE 8
You haven't provided:

a) Details of your Operating System (Windows version and any
Service Packs) or
b) Details of the previous version of Internet Explorer. Was
it IE6 or IE7?

If your operating system is Win XP, make sure your User name
includes Administrator privileges. Open Control Panel and click
on "Add or Remove Programs". In the list of currently installed
programs, scroll down and select "Windows Internet Explorer 8".
Click on the "Remove" option.

Removal of IE8 should allow you to revert to the previous
version.

I don't use Vista - but it is probably similar.

If these instructions don't work, please post back with further
details of your system.

"Texas Chick" <Texas Chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> Is there a way to uninstall IE 8, and go back to my old
> version? Ever since I
> installed this I have had nothing but problems. I am not a
> technical person,
> and I have a new computer that has never given me any trouble
> before this
> installation. Within ten minutes my computer would not accept
> my dsl
> connection, websites are blocked one minute and not the next,
> etc. When I
> switched to my old computer the dsl worked fine, websites came
> up, etc. So, I
> am thinking it's not the computer but the download of IE 8.
>
> This new version should not have been released. I kind of feel
> like a test
> guinea pig.
>
> Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Re: Uninstall IE 8
Not if you're running Win7, no.