IE & lost some buttons ?

Tim

IE & lost some buttons ?
Today...I have a number of navigation buttons at the top of the page that
have 'disappeared. The 'home' button, something that was next to that..and
the 'history' & 'favorites' buttons ( little red squares I think )that were
in the left side of the pages are gone.

Can not find anywhere to re-initialize them in tools or view ?

Running Version 7.0.5730.13

Thanks, Tim

Leonard Grey

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Try pressing F11.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Tim wrote:
> Today...I have a number of navigation buttons at the top of the page that
> have 'disappeared. The 'home' button, something that was next to that..and
> the 'history' & 'favorites' buttons ( little red squares I think )that were
> in the left side of the pages are gone.
>
> Can not find anywhere to re-initialize them in tools or view ?
>
> Running Version 7.0.5730.13
>
> Thanks, Tim

Tim

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Running on a wide screen so size isn't the issue...Also noticed even tho I
still have the same settings for tabs in my options...I no longer get any
tabs ?

Any other thoughts ?

Thanks, Tim

> Try pressing F11.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Tim wrote:
>> Today...I have a number of navigation buttons at the top of the page that
>> have 'disappeared. The 'home' button, something that was next to
>> that..and the 'history' & 'favorites' buttons ( little red squares I
>> think )that were in the left side of the pages are gone.
>>
>> Can not find anywhere to re-initialize them in tools or view ?
>>
>> Running Version 7.0.5730.13
>>
>> Thanks, Tim

Tim

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
ok..more progress....when I deactivate the tabs option in tools and
restart...then all my missing icons (I think the default IE7 toolbar ) are
back...but if I reactivate tab viewing and restart...then the IE tool bar is
gone...but so is the tabbing features...even tho they are active with the
default settings in tools ?

Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it so I can have both the IE7 tools bar
and tab browsing ?

"Tim" <trinaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Running on a wide screen so size isn't the issue...Also noticed even tho I
> still have the same settings for tabs in my options...I no longer get any
> tabs ?
>
> Any other thoughts ?
>
> Thanks, Tim

>> Try pressing F11.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Tim wrote:
>>> Today...I have a number of navigation buttons at the top of the page
>>> that have 'disappeared. The 'home' button, something that was next to
>>> that..and the 'history' & 'favorites' buttons ( little red squares I
>>> think )that were in the left side of the pages are gone.
>>>
>>> Can not find anywhere to re-initialize them in tools or view ?
>>>
>>> Running Version 7.0.5730.13
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tim

rob^_^

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Hi Tim,

Open one instance of IE with tabbed browsing enabled.

Customize your Toolbar buttons by selecting the Customize option from the
Toolbar context menu.
(If you are ever stuck, press the reset button on the Customize buttons
dialog)

Close that IE session to save your Toolbar and button layout preferences.

IE8 saves the toolbar and button layout preferences in different areas of
the registry for tabbed and single interface browsing. You may notice some
unexpected behavior if you have over 20 additional command bar buttons.

Regards.

> ok..more progress....when I deactivate the tabs option in tools and
> restart...then all my missing icons (I think the default IE7 toolbar ) are
> back...but if I reactivate tab viewing and restart...then the IE tool bar
> is gone...but so is the tabbing features...even tho they are active with
> the default settings in tools ?
>
> Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it so I can have both the IE7 tools
> bar and tab browsing ?
>

> "Tim" <trinaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Running on a wide screen so size isn't the issue...Also noticed even tho
>> I still have the same settings for tabs in my options...I no longer get
>> any tabs ?
>>
>> Any other thoughts ?
>>
>> Thanks, Tim
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Try pressing F11.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Tim

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Thanks..but when I enable tabs I loose my toolbar AND no tabbing appears.
Doesn't matter how many times I close and open IE ?

When I disable tabs ( browser open but no tabs) ...close and restart...then
the IE tool bar appears. Only have the 7 or 8 default buttons..

Tim
> Hi Tim,
>
> Open one instance of IE with tabbed browsing enabled.
>
> Customize your Toolbar buttons by selecting the Customize option from the
> Toolbar context menu.
> (If you are ever stuck, press the reset button on the Customize buttons
> dialog)
>
> Close that IE session to save your Toolbar and button layout preferences.
>
> IE8 saves the toolbar and button layout preferences in different areas of
> the registry for tabbed and single interface browsing. You may notice some
> unexpected behavior if you have over 20 additional command bar buttons.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Tim" <trinaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> ok..more progress....when I deactivate the tabs option in tools and
>> restart...then all my missing icons (I think the default IE7 toolbar )
>> are back...but if I reactivate tab viewing and restart...then the IE tool
>> bar is gone...but so is the tabbing features...even tho they are active
>> with the default settings in tools ?
>>
>> Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it so I can have both the IE7 tools
>> bar and tab browsing ?
>>

>> "Tim" <trinaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Running on a wide screen so size isn't the issue...Also noticed even tho
>>> I still have the same settings for tabs in my options...I no longer get
>>> any tabs ?
>>>
>>> Any other thoughts ?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tim

rob^_^

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Hi Tim,

Are you using the Yahoo or Live toolbars. Which versions? (these toolbars
have their own tabbed browsing features for IE6 browsers... it may be
interfering with the built-in IE7 tabbed browsing.)

ensure you have the latest versions from toolbar.yahoo.com and
toolbar.live.com.

Regards.

> Thanks..but when I enable tabs I loose my toolbar AND no tabbing appears.
> Doesn't matter how many times I close and open IE ?
>
> When I disable tabs ( browser open but no tabs) ...close and
> restart...then the IE tool bar appears. Only have the 7 or 8 default
> buttons..
>
> Tim
> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> Open one instance of IE with tabbed browsing enabled.
>>
>> Customize your Toolbar buttons by selecting the Customize option from the
>> Toolbar context menu.
>> (If you are ever stuck, press the reset button on the Customize buttons
>> dialog)
>>
>> Close that IE session to save your Toolbar and button layout preferences.
>>
>> IE8 saves the toolbar and button layout preferences in different areas of
>> the registry for tabbed and single interface browsing. You may notice
>> some unexpected behavior if you have over 20 additional command bar
>> buttons.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Tim" <trinaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> ok..more progress....when I deactivate the tabs option in tools and
>>> restart...then all my missing icons (I think the default IE7 toolbar )
>>> are back...but if I reactivate tab viewing and restart...then the IE
>>> tool bar is gone...but so is the tabbing features...even tho they are
>>> active with the default settings in tools ?
>>>
>>> Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it so I can have both the IE7 tools
>>> bar and tab browsing ?

Tim

Re: IE & lost some buttons ?
Don't use Yahoo or Live toolbars. Do have Google toll bar..but disabled
this and still have same problem. Found a post in Google search that
indicated IE add-ons might be the culprit. I know one or two add-ons ( java
for one) updated recently. So now I'm going to disable all add-ons I
can..and re-enable one by one.. That's assuming my problems solves itself
with all disabled ?

Did find lots of posts on this same issue on various non-windows forums...

Thanks, Tim