Re: Print problem with latest Windows Live Update?

Bob Lucas

Re: Print problem with latest Windows Live Update?
My problem is virtually identical, so I hope you don't object to
this addition to your thread.

The phenomenon also occurs in Win XP Professional (SP3), when I
try to print a multi-page email from Windows Live Mail
(14.0.8089.0726). (HTML messages only - not plain text). The
first page loses about one inch from the right margin.
Subsequent pages print OK.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the print drivers,
because it makes no difference whether I print to my default
printer (an HP LaserJet 1018) or whether I print to my Lexmark
X1100 printer or to a PDF file (using Acrobat Distiller).

Significantly, it also happens when I print multi-page messages
from Outlook Express 6, so I don't think the problem is caused by
the latest Live update. Outlook Express depends upon the IE
print engine, so I suspect the problem is more likely to be
associated with the recent upgrade to IE8.

I am sure the symptoms did not occur, when I was using Internet
Explorer 6 - and I did not notice them with IE7. However, I
prefer the new features of IE8, so I really don't want to revert
to any previous version of Internet Explorer.

The problem seems to have some relevance to Internet Explorer and
also to Outlook Express, so I have cross-posted to the relevant
newsgroups. I hope someone can suggest a painless solution.

"Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit and allowed MSFT to
> update Windows Live to the latest version (Build
> 14.0.8089.0726) on October 26th. I also updated the Canon
> MP620 print drivers to their lastest version which supports W7
> and Vista 64-bit. Now I noticed this morning that e-mails
> printed from WL cut off about an inch of stuff in the right
> margin. Internet Explorer 8 seems to print OK. I have seen
> postings on a similar problem with Hotmail e-mails being
> printed from WL but my e-mails are coming from comcast. Help
> would be appreciated.

Ken

Re: Print problem with latest Windows Live Update?
I have been using IE8 for several months and did not have the problem until
a few days ago. So maybe MSFT slipped a IE8 change in that is causing the
problem?