Find and Replace on a website?

shawn

Find and Replace on a website?
Word and Excel and stuff like that have the ability to "Find and Replace".
For example I can find all 1160 and replace it with 5555 or whatever.

Does anyone know of such software for IE8 (or Firefox) which can do a
similar feature?

I use software to host a gallery on a corporate website. I just had to
upload close to 300 images. Now I have to tag them all. It would be nice to
be able to look for the field I want to fill in and it'll go down the page
and fill all of them in for me.

C A Upsdell

Re: Find and Replace on a website?
shawn wrote:
> Word and Excel and stuff like that have the ability to "Find and Replace".
> For example I can find all 1160 and replace it with 5555 or whatever.
>
> Does anyone know of such software for IE8 (or Firefox) which can do a
> similar feature?
>
> I use software to host a gallery on a corporate website. I just had to
> upload close to 300 images. Now I have to tag them all. It would be nice to
> be able to look for the field I want to fill in and it'll go down the page
> and fill all of them in for me.

Never heard of "global search and replace"? If your editor does not
have it, dump it.

shawn

Re: Find and Replace on a website?
If what editor does not have it? It's a web browser, not an editor. I posted
this in Internet Explorer newsgroup.

shawn wrote:
>>> Word and Excel and stuff like that have the ability to "Find and
>>> Replace". For example I can find all 1160 and replace it with 5555 or
>>> whatever.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of such software for IE8 (or Firefox) which can do a
>>> similar feature?
>>>
>>> I use software to host a gallery on a corporate website. I just had to
>>> upload close to 300 images. Now I have to tag them all. It would be nice
>>> to be able to look for the field I want to fill in and it'll go down the
>>> page and fill all of them in for me.

>> Never heard of "global search and replace"? If your editor does not have
>> it, dump it.

> If what editor does not have it? It's a web browser, not an editor. I

posted
> this in Internet Explorer newsgroup.

There's your problem. You need an editor. A browser is not an editor.
shawn

Re: Find and Replace on a website?
That's not my problem.

You tell me how an editor will help me when I have no file to edit? If you
haven't read the original post, it's a WEBSITE.

>>> Never heard of "global search and replace"? If your editor does not
>>> have it, dump it.

> > If what editor does not have it? It's a web browser, not an editor. I

> posted
> > this in Internet Explorer newsgroup.

> There's your problem. You need an editor. A browser is not an editor.

Gordon

"shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message
> That's not my problem.
>
> You tell me how an editor will help me when I have no file to edit? If you
> haven't read the original post, it's a WEBSITE.

Obviously you don't know the FIRST thing about editing a website.
You edit the files on YOUR computer using a web Editor, as you've been told,
then upload them to the host server to replace the files that are there.
That's how you do it and THAT'S why you need an editor.