IE 8 problem with email

sounerfan

IE 8 problem with email
When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I load
my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in to
access this page.
However when I use firefox it works fine.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 problem with email
I can access my webmail just fine from IE 8 (all four accounts.) Does
your unnamed webmail provider have a user forum where you could ask
about your problem? You're more likely to find people experienced with
your webmail provider in their own forums. In addition, many webmail
providers provide technical support.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

sounerfan wrote:
> When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
> history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I load
> my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in to
> access this page.
> However when I use firefox it works fine.

Re: IE 8 problem with email
CrystalBall© sez...

What to do if you can't sign into Windows Live Hotmail
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
www.banthecheck.com

sounerfan wrote:
> When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
> history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I
> load
> my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in to
> access this page.
> However when I use firefox it works fine.

sounerfan

Re: IE 8 problem with email
The technical support people have no clue. I also can get into a few of my
accounts, but my bank account and my work account I cannot. Firefox I can get
into all of them.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I can access my webmail just fine from IE 8 (all four accounts.) Does
> your unnamed webmail provider have a user forum where you could ask
> about your problem? You're more likely to find people experienced with
> your webmail provider in their own forums. In addition, many webmail
> providers provide technical support.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> sounerfan wrote:
> > When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
> > history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I load
> > my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in to
> > access this page.
> > However when I use firefox it works fine.

> .

sounerfan

Re: IE 8 problem with email
tryed it , did not work

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> CrystalBall© sez...
>
> What to do if you can't sign into Windows Live Hotmail
> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> sounerfan wrote:
> > When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
> > history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I
> > load
> > my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in to
> > access this page.
> > However when I use firefox it works fine.

> .

Re: IE 8 problem with email
Are we concerned about a Hotmail account here? [yes/no]

What didn't work?

Is this a sudden, new problem?

sounerfan wrote:
> tryed it , did not work
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> CrystalBall© sez...
>>
>> What to do if you can't sign into Windows Live Hotmail
>> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx
>>
>> sounerfan wrote:
>>> When I use IE 8 I cannot access my webmail: tryed deleting the browser
>>> history, tryed running IE in no add-ons mode, reset IE settings, when I
>>> load
>>> my webmail and put my password in it says: error you must be logged in
>>> access this page.
>>> However when I use firefox it works fine.

>> .

sounerfan

Re: IE 8 problem with email
Sorry it took so long getting back to you. No it is not about Hotmail. I
tryed your suggested solution and it did not work.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are we concerned about a Hotmail account here? [yes/no]
>
> What didn't work?
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem?
>

> sounerfan wrote:
> > tryed it , did not work
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> CrystalBall© sez...
> >>
> >> What to do if you can't sign into Windows Live Hotmail
> >> http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...e-hotmail.aspx

> >> .

> .

Re: IE 8 problem with email
Repost: Is this a sudden, new problem?

When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894

sounerfan wrote:
> Sorry it took so long getting back to you. No it is not about Hotmail. I
> tryed your suggested solution and it did not work.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Are we concerned about a Hotmail account here? [yes/no]
>>
>> What didn't work?
>>
>> Is this a sudden, new problem?
>>

>> sounerfan wrote:
>>> tryed it , did not work

>> .

sounerfan

Re: IE 8 problem with email
yes, after installing IE 8 is when the problem started

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Repost: Is this a sudden, new problem?
>
> When you use Internet Explorer 8, you cannot access your Webmail:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894
>

> sounerfan wrote:
> > Sorry it took so long getting back to you. No it is not about Hotmail. I
> > tryed your suggested solution and it did not work.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Are we concerned about a Hotmail account here? [yes/no]
> >>
> >> What didn't work?
> >>
> >> Is this a sudden, new problem?

> >> .

> .

Re: IE 8 problem with email
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your
next reply.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967894

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?
--
~PA Bear