Re: InPrivate as default

[crosspost to IE General]

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
your next reply.

See
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/en...-ie8-sessions/
www.banthecheck.com

alocksley wrote:
> Is there a setting for IE8 such that when I start IE it comes up with
> InPrivate first?

VanguardLH

Re: InPrivate as default
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> [crosspost to IE General]
>
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2;
> Win7 RC; Win7 RTM) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
> your next reply.
>
> See
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/en...-ie8-sessions/

Another example of Bear making an invalid and unsolicited copy/move of a
thread to a different newsgroup based on his bias. Privacy is a
security concern so the original newsgroup was appropriate for the
original post.

Original newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.security
Added newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
Effector/Respondent: PA Bear

This is to warn that Effector has copied [only a subthread of] an
existing discussion to other groups by cross-posting their reply to
groups not originally specified by the OP (original post[er]). There
may be additional replies back under the original post in its original
group(s) than just those shown under the subthread for the Effector's
cross-posted reply. If the OP and others wish to ensure that they see
ALL replies then they must visit the original groups to check if there
are subthreads *other* than under the Effector's reply.

<rant_start>
If the OP wishes to move or copy their discussion to another group, that
should be *their* choice and not as an UNSOLICITED action enforced by
another *user*. Despite his pretense, the Effector is not a moderator
or admin but just another user who is propagating the OP's discussion to
different group(s) that he has divined are more appropriate and to
enlarge the audience or hopefully provide a more focused community on
the topic but which may not be a correct action (since the source of the
problem may not be relevant to those other groups simply based on where
the OP reported the symptoms). If the OP wants to move or copy their
discussion to another group, that should be THEIR choice and not of the
Respondent. The Respondent should only recommend to the OP that there
may be more appropriate or useful groups to which the OP should repost
or cross-post their message, not enforce the propagation of the OP's
discussion to other groups.

There are times when the Newsgroups header should be modified to a
different set of groups than was originally specified by the user.
Examples are: using a *.test group to redirect negative or expository
replies into the bit bucket (common with spammers or trolls); removal of
completely unrelated groups (i.e., the OP cross-posted to invalid
groups), an attempt to flame a smaller community or low-bandwidth group
with a rash of replies from other groups (i.e., an intentional attempt
to vengefully or maliciously flood forward into other groups), inclusion
of *.kook or other groups with the intention to flame the other groups
with the inflamed responses (i.e., attempt to flood backward into other
groups), responding to a spam exhibit or announcements but discussions
about them belong in another group, and so on. A misguided need to
enlarge exposure for a discussion based on a choice made by the
Respondent is not an adequate reason to alter the Newsgroups header.

Recommend the OP should move. Do not SHOVE them over. It should be the
OP's choice in what communities to focus on their post, not a forced
change made by the Respondent.
<rant_end>