Re: IE8 problem / question

[Crossposted to IE General since IE8 is no longer in beta]

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?
www.banthecheck.com

John D99 wrote:
> I'm using IE 8 w/ xp sp3, all updates.
>
> When I have to open a new tab or a new IE window, it takes about one
> minute
> and consumes the CPU at 100 pct, and nothing else can be done w/ the
> computer while the CPU is being taken over.
>
> Using IE never used to be like this. Is there some setting that needs to
> be
> changed, or what?
>
> Thanks

John D99

Re: IE8 problem / question

> [Crossposted to IE General since IE8 is no longer in beta]
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

This worked, for me. It takes you to an MS program which will do some
automatic re-setting of IE.

I had to mess with Roboform to get it working again, but my problem got
cured.

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed
> IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> John D99 wrote:
>> I'm using IE 8 w/ xp sp3, all updates.
>>
>> When I have to open a new tab or a new IE window, it takes about one
>> minute
>> and consumes the CPU at 100 pct, and nothing else can be done w/ the
>> computer while the CPU is being taken over.
>>
>> Using IE never used to be like this. Is there some setting that needs to
>> be
>> changed, or what?
>>
>> Thanks

Re: IE8 problem / question