Importing Favorites

jskip

Importing Favorites
I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.

Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?

Thanks. John

Re: Importing Favorites
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221523

jskip wrote:
> I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
> the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.
>
> Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?
>
> Thanks. John

Don Varnau

Re: Importing Favorites
Hi,
Old machine... XP or Vista?
New machine... XP or Vista?

If you have the Favorites folders from the old machine available on the new
machine, click in the folder to set focus then Edit> Select all or Crtl+a.
Drag all selected Favorites into the new Favorites folders. You will be
doing this via Windows Explorer- not Internet Explorer.

Or, the conventional method...
If the old computer is still running and accessible, go to IE> File>
Import/export. Export Favorites to a file which will be named bookmark.htm.
Import that file into IE on the new computer.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"jskip" <njsko@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
> the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.
>
> Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?
>
> Thanks. John

jskip

Re: Importing Favorites
The copy/paste method worked! Thanks Now I just need to figure out how
to get mt OE dbx files into Outlook.

Thanks

> Hi,
> Old machine... XP or Vista?
> New machine... XP or Vista?
>
> If you have the Favorites folders from the old machine available on the
> new
> machine, click in the folder to set focus then Edit> Select all or Crtl+a.
> Drag all selected Favorites into the new Favorites folders. You will be
> doing this via Windows Explorer- not Internet Explorer.
>
> Or, the conventional method...
> If the old computer is still running and accessible, go to IE> File>
> Import/export. Export Favorites to a file which will be named
> bookmark.htm.
> Import that file into IE on the new computer.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "jskip" <njsko@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
>> the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.
>>
>> Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?
>>
>> Thanks. John

Re: Importing Favorites
You would have to first import the data into OE on the new computer. After
that, you could export the data to OL.

NB: You do NOT want to import the data into OL!

Importing OE Data (all DBX files, including Folders.dbx)
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE5

HOW TO Migrate from Outlook Express...to Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm

--
OE-specific newsgroup:
OL-specific newsgroup:

www.banthecheck.com

jskip wrote:
> The copy/paste method worked! Thanks Now I just need to figure out
> how
> to get mt OE dbx files into Outlook.

<snip>

frankie

Re: Importing Favorites

"jskip" <njsko@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
> the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.
>
> Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?
>
> Thanks. John

When you import, click on 'Favourites' (at the top of the list) rather than
individual folders.

HTH

Frankie

Gordon

Re: Importing Favorites

"frankie" <heatonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "jskip" <njsko@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I just got a new PC and want to import my IE favorties. I already copied
>> the files to the new PC. I can import them one at a time only.
>>
>> Is there a way to import all of them at the same time?
>>
>> Thanks. John

> When you import, click on 'Favourites' (at the top of the list) rather
> than
> individual folders.

The Import function will only import a single html file. It won't import a
favorites folder.