Something weird is happening to my IE8

Shep

Something weird is happening to my IE8
The last few days I have noticed some strange things happening when I go to
web pages with IE8, this has happend on several site including my Hotmail
account, when I am in my inbox for hotmail all of a sudden new IE8 windows
open with my deafaut home page (Google) and in the search bar the words "Key
is empty" appear.

This has happened on other sites so Please don't reply and tell me this is
not a Hotmail group hotmail website is only one of the sites it is happening
with and I used it as a example.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Re: Something weird is happening to my IE8
See this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb

And if you're the OP in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread.

Shep wrote:
> The last few days I have noticed some strange things happening when I go
> web pages with IE8, this has happend on several site including my Hotmail
> account, when I am in my inbox for hotmail all of a sudden new IE8 windows
> open with my deafaut home page (Google) and in the search bar the words
> "Key
> is empty" appear.
>
> This has happened on other sites so Please don't reply and tell me this is
> not a Hotmail group hotmail website is only one of the sites it is
> happening
> with and I used it as a example.
>
> Does anyone know what is going on?
>
> Thanks

Shep

Re: Something weird is happening to my IE8
I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "And if you're the OP
in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread."

This is the first time I posted anything about this issue, but as I have
seen you can never answer a post without saying something negative to
people. I did a search on your name and nothing but compliants come up
about how rude you are.

If you don't mean to be rude you should re think what you say before saying
it becasue you come across very rude

I ran a scan and did have 1 infection it was call fake alert trojan.. I hope
removing that helps with this problem

Thanks
> See this discussion:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb
>
> And if you're the OP in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread.
>

> Shep wrote:
>> The last few days I have noticed some strange things happening when I go
>> web pages with IE8, this has happend on several site including my Hotmail
>> account, when I am in my inbox for hotmail all of a sudden new IE8
>> windows
>> open with my deafaut home page (Google) and in the search bar the words
>> "Key
>> is empty" appear.
>>
>> This has happened on other sites so Please don't reply and tell me this
>> is
>> not a Hotmail group hotmail website is only one of the sites it is
>> happening
>> with and I used it as a example.
>>
>> Does anyone know what is going on?
>>
>> Thanks

Re: Something weird is happening to my IE8
OP = Original Poster

Your post and the first post in
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb
looked similar enough that I suspected you may have been the OP in that
thread.

Shep wrote:
> I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "And if you're the OP
> in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread."
>
> This is the first time I posted anything about this issue, but as I have
> seen you can never answer a post without saying something negative to
> people. I did a search on your name and nothing but compliants come up
> about how rude you are.
>
> If you don't mean to be rude you should re think what you say before
> saying
> it becasue you come across very rude
>
> I ran a scan and did have 1 infection it was call fake alert trojan.. I
> hope
> removing that helps with this problem
>
> Thanks
>> See this discussion:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb
>>
>> And if you're the OP in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread.
>>

>> Shep wrote:
>>> The last few days I have noticed some strange things happening when I go
>>> web pages with IE8, this has happend on several site including my
>>> Hotmail
>>> account, when I am in my inbox for hotmail all of a sudden new IE8
>>> windows
>>> open with my deafaut home page (Google) and in the search bar the words
>>> "Key
>>> is empty" appear.
>>>
>>> This has happened on other sites so Please don't reply and tell me this
>>> is
>>> not a Hotmail group hotmail website is only one of the sites it is
>>> happening
>>> with and I used it as a example.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what is going on?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Shep

Re: Something weird is happening to my IE8
NO I was not you were wrong to assume and lecture me for something I didn't
do
> OP = Original Poster
>
> Your post and the first post in
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb
> looked similar enough that I suspected you may have been the OP in that
> thread.
>

> Shep wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "And if you're the
>> OP
>> in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread."
>>
>> This is the first time I posted anything about this issue, but as I have
>> seen you can never answer a post without saying something negative to
>> people. I did a search on your name and nothing but compliants come up
>> about how rude you are.
>>
>> If you don't mean to be rude you should re think what you say before
>> saying
>> it becasue you come across very rude
>>
>> I ran a scan and did have 1 infection it was call fake alert trojan.. I
>> hope
>> removing that helps with this problem
>>
>> Thanks
>>> See this discussion:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6be207209c34eb
>>>
>>> And if you're the OP in that thread, you should've stuck to that thread.

Re: Something weird is happening to my IE8
If I'd given you a lecture, you would've /known/ it!