Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Open Shortcuts and Pop-Ups

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Karl
 

Posts: n/a
Open Shortcuts and Pop-Ups
In IE8, I have selected, under the Internet Options / Tabs /
Settings (Tabbed Browsing Settings) - to open links, pop-ups and
shortcuts all in a new tab in the current window. In every case, I am
still asked to allow pop-ups for this site, and/or I must select "Open
in a new tab". Seems like the option settings are not being read. This
worked as advertised in IE7. I have set the Pop-up blocker to block
all pop-ups, but I thought that this meant only those that I did not
"click" on.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open Shortcuts and Pop-Ups

"Karl" <karlp@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:jr46e5p7spiejlnhfmgor1kaebtmp83j1g@4ax.com...

> [X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 3.3/32.846]


> In IE8, I have selected, under the Internet Options / Tabs /
> Settings (Tabbed Browsing Settings) - to open links, pop-ups and
> shortcuts all in a new tab in the current window. In every case,


> I am still asked to allow pop-ups for this site,



What is "this site"? You aren't even posting from the web interface
so it doesn't even seem safe to guess you meant that.


> and/or I must select "Open
> in a new tab". Seems like the option settings are not being read. This
> worked as advertised in IE7.


> I have set the Pop-up blocker to block all pop-ups,
> but I thought that this meant only those that I did not "click" on.



That's why they allow you to press Alt+Ctrl+ when you click on one.


---


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2009
Karl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Open Shortcuts and Pop-Ups
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:46:01 -0400, "Robert Aldwinckle"
<robald@techemail.com> wrote:

>
>"Karl" <karlp@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:jr46e5p7spiejlnhfmgor1kaebtmp83j1g@4ax.com...
>
>> [X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 3.3/32.846]

>
>> In IE8, I have selected, under the Internet Options / Tabs /
>> Settings (Tabbed Browsing Settings) - to open links, pop-ups and
>> shortcuts all in a new tab in the current window. In every case,

>
>> I am still asked to allow pop-ups for this site,

>
>
>What is "this site"? You aren't even posting from the web interface
>so it doesn't even seem safe to guess you meant that.


Obviously I have failed to communicate what I meant: by "this site" I
meant the site to which the link pointed. And *this* posting is from
Forte Agent, which I use for all my net forum communications. I did
specify that IE 8 was the subject of my concern.
>
>
>> and/or I must select "Open
>> in a new tab". Seems like the option settings are not being read. This
>> worked as advertised in IE7.

>
>> I have set the Pop-up blocker to block all pop-ups,
>> but I thought that this meant only those that I did not "click" on.

>
>
>That's why they allow you to press Alt+Ctrl+ when you click on one.


I fail to understand why this key combination answers my question -
why does IE 8 require my manual intervention when I have already
indicated in the options that I want all shortcuts on which I click to
open in a new tab, as it worked so well in IE 7. Thank you for your
response. However my question is still unanswered.
>
>
>---
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open IE7 shortcuts maximized philo microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 01-31-2009 14:16
how do I get links/shortcuts to open in new tab FireBrick microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 11-05-2008 05:19
HELP!! My desktop shortcuts won't open up now. Trisha microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-01-2008 21:58
Re: HELP!! My desktop shortcuts won't open up now. PA Bear [MS MVP] microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 0 11-01-2008 15:59
IE7 don't open shortcuts in a new tab Sim microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 10-06-2008 06:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120