Internet Explorer 8

JeremyB

Internet Explorer 8
I found this thread and have to comment that I am extremely SORRY that I
downloaded Internet Explorer 8; it is bad enough that one has to constantly
delete spam, spyware and other garbage from our computers without Microsoft
also adding features to a web browser that we didn't ask for. As soon as I
downloaded IE8 I found that I had acquired the MSN toolbar, my home page was
hijacked by Bing and I had ten or more links added to my favorites list.

PLEASE keep updates to IE clean, simple and functional, and offer add-ins as
an option for those who don;t mind cluttering their computer with this stuff.
I will never upgrade again, it isn't worth it

Re: Internet Explorer 8
As soon as you found what thread?

<QP>
IE8 will not automatically install on machines. Users must opt-in to install
IE8. Users will see a Welcome screen that offers choices: Ask later, install
now, or don’t install.

[screenshot: http://ieblog.members.winisp.net/ima...comevista.png]

Users who decline the automatic update can still download it from
http://www.microsoft.com/ie8 or from Windows Update as an optional update...
</QP>
Source:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...on-of-ie8.aspx

IE8 is *not* a critical security update.

You *chose* to install IE8 just like you *chose* to install the
MSN-customized version of it.

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
www.banthecheck.com

JeremyB wrote:
> I found this thread and have to comment that I am extremely SORRY that I
> downloaded Internet Explorer 8; it is bad enough that one has to
> constantly
> delete spam, spyware and other garbage from our computers without
> Microsoft
> also adding features to a web browser that we didn't ask for. As soon as I
> downloaded IE8 I found that I had acquired the MSN toolbar, my home page
> was
> hijacked by Bing and I had ten or more links added to my favorites list.
>
> PLEASE keep updates to IE clean, simple and functional, and offer add-ins
> as
> an option for those who don;t mind cluttering their computer with this
> stuff. I will never upgrade again, it isn't worth it

Gordon

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"JeremyB" <JeremyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I found this thread and have to comment that I am extremely SORRY that I
> downloaded Internet Explorer 8; it is bad enough that one has to
> constantly
> delete spam, spyware and other garbage from our computers without
> Microsoft
> also adding features to a web browser that we didn't ask for. As soon as I
> downloaded IE8 I found that I had acquired the MSN toolbar, my home page
> was
> hijacked by Bing and I had ten or more links added to my favorites list.

It gave you a STARTUP PAGE where YOU chose to use Bing as your homepage.

I suggest in future you READ things rather than just blindly clicking on
"OK" or "Next"...

brummyfan

RE: Internet Explorer 8

"JeremyB" wrote:

> I found this thread and have to comment that I am extremely SORRY that I
> downloaded Internet Explorer 8; it is bad enough that one has to constantly
> delete spam, spyware and other garbage from our computers without Microsoft
> also adding features to a web browser that we didn't ask for. As soon as I
> downloaded IE8 I found that I had acquired the MSN toolbar, my home page was
> hijacked by Bing and I had ten or more links added to my favorites list.
>
> PLEASE keep updates to IE clean, simple and functional, and offer add-ins as
> an option for those who don;t mind cluttering their computer with this stuff.
> I will never upgrade again, it isn't worth it

You can disable any Add-on you do not like or need, there are choices
provided and it's up to you to choose.
frankie

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"JeremyB" <JeremyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I found this thread and have to comment that I am extremely SORRY that I
> downloaded Internet Explorer 8; it is bad enough that one has to
> constantly
> delete spam, spyware and other garbage from our computers without
> Microsoft
> also adding features to a web browser that we didn't ask for. As soon as I
> downloaded IE8 I found that I had acquired the MSN toolbar, my home page
> was
> hijacked by Bing and I had ten or more links added to my favorites list.
>
> PLEASE keep updates to IE clean, simple and functional, and offer add-ins
> as
> an option for those who don;t mind cluttering their computer with this
> stuff.
> I will never upgrade again, it isn't worth it

IE8 was packaged with Windows 7.
There are some pages which won't
display and other minor glitches.
Much prefer IE7. Would use if I could.

Gordon

Re: Internet Explorer 8

"frankie" <heatonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> IE8 was packaged with Windows 7.
> There are some pages which won't
> display and other minor glitches.
> Much prefer IE7. Would use if I could.

Works perfectly OK here in W7 - care to post URLs of pages that don't work
and a description of these "minor" glitches?

frankie

Re: Internet Explorer 8
Thanks for replying.

One of the pages is an explanation