IE blocking activeX due to QTime, no prompt to 'allow' help!

undisclosed

IE blocking activeX due to QTime, no prompt to 'allow' help!

I'm an online teacher and I've stored a bunch of stuff (quicktimes,
captivates,etc) in a repository in an online ed platform called "Angel".

I create pages in this platform, and then link to the media I created
on their platform.
Suddenly every link to Quicktime is broken when Quicktime is on a page
with other files, like audio or captivate.

the Quicktime link breaks and I get the following message:
"I.E. has blocked this site from using and 'ActiveX control[image:
http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) in an unsafe manner. As a result the page
may not display correctly" and I get no option to allow it.

On the same page, I have a friend who gets a similar message "An
'ActiveX[image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) control might be unsafe to interact with
other parts of the page, do you want to allow?"

He, at least gets the option, and when he clicks yes - he gets access
to the videos. I have the same 'version of IE'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d), and our tools>internet options are the
same, but I don't get the option to allow.

When I delete the quicktimes, the 'error message[image:
http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) goes away.

My Quicktime files clearly are not playing well with my other media
files, but they can be seen by people who are given the option to allow
the Active X.

I've tried every 'security' (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) setting I
could find in my tools folder.

My IE 7 is up to date, XP is up to date, and when I open the page on a
mac in 'firefox[image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d), none of the media shows or loads at all.

I'd be happy just to get it working on my 'PC'
(http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) in IE.

Can anyone tell me how to get my IE to allow the active X control?

Thanks.
John

--
jcole
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE blocking activeX due to QTime, no prompt to 'allow' help!

<undisclosed> wrote in message news:107c6722a4d1681b900cf385146cc8bf@nntp-gateway.com...

> I'm an online teacher and I've stored a bunch of stuff (quicktimes,
> captivates,etc) in a repository in an online ed platform called "Angel".
>
> I create pages in this platform, and then link to the media I created
> on their platform.
> Suddenly every link to Quicktime is broken when Quicktime is on a page
> with other files, like audio or captivate.
>
> the Quicktime link breaks and I get the following message:
> "I.E. has blocked this site from using and 'ActiveX control

> [image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif ]'

A popsicle?

> (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d)

Link to where you posted this from?

> in an unsafe manner. As a result the page
> may not display correctly" and I get no option to allow it.

> On the same page, I have a friend who gets a similar message "An
> 'ActiveX

> [image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif ]'

No change in URL, so another popsicle.

> (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d)

Same URL, so same link to your OP.

> control might be unsafe to interact with
> other parts of the page, do you want to allow?"
>

> He, at least gets the option, and when he clicks yes - he gets access
> to the videos. I have the same 'version of IE'

Out of popsicles but another self-reference?

> (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d),

> and our tools>internet options are the
> same, but I don't get the option to allow.

> When I delete the quicktimes, the 'error message

> [image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2.gif ]'

A fresh batch.

> (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d)

I haven't a clue what all these URLs might have demonstrated
but they sure are distracting.

> goes away.
>
> My Quicktime files clearly are not playing well with my other media
> files, but they can be seen by people who are given the option to allow
> the Active X.
>
> I've tried every 'security' (http://tinyurl.com/yhywz6d) setting I
> could find in my tools folder.

Ah. I think your "newsreader" is creating self-references for every time
you put something in quotes. Why would it use tinyurl to do that?

Suggestion: if you can't avoid using your news service perhaps you should
at least try not to put *anything* in quotes? ; )

Please try retyping what you are trying to say without using quotes
or only include links to some useful images and I'll try reading it again.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---