Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2009
Liven
 

Posts: n/a
Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?
Hello,
I posted a similar question before and got no answer:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1

So I make the question simple, can IE8 open a ".mht" file with images
correctly?

Because in my case, IE8 translates the urls in the ".mht" to its
original url, but not the url in the ".mht" file though it already packed the
images into the ".mht" file.

PS: The ".mht" file is saved with IE8 and can be opened correctly with
IE6.

Thanks to anyone shows me a clue!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

"Liven" <Liven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B2063163-44A8-461A-A4C6-1D42249EC5F3@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I posted a similar question before and got no answer:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1
>


> So I make the question simple, can IE8 open a ".mht" file with images
> correctly?


Yes, IE8 can open saved MHT files with images correctly.

In your original post, you listed your example code as the following:

<html><body><img src="Zapotec.bmp"/></body></html>

Take the forward slash mark "/" out of the image tag in your test markup and
then try saving it as an MHT file, see if that doesn't make a difference.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
> Because in my case, IE8 translates the urls in the ".mht" to its
> original url, but not the url in the ".mht" file though it already packed
> the
> images into the ".mht" file.
>
> PS: The ".mht" file is saved with IE8 and can be opened correctly with
> IE6.
>
> Thanks to anyone shows me a clue!



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

"Liven" <Liven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B2063163-44A8-461A-A4C6-1D42249EC5F3@microsoft.com...
> Hello,


> I posted a similar question before and got no answer:


PS

Your original post never did not make it to the NNTP server, while it may be
showing in the web interface, most who post here regularly use a proper News
Reader to read and post to this newsgroup. This would explain why you
didn't recieve a reply to your original post.

Suggestion:

Use a proper News Reader to view and post to this Usenet newsgroup.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1
>
> So I make the question simple, can IE8 open a ".mht" file with images
> correctly?
>
> Because in my case, IE8 translates the urls in the ".mht" to its
> original url, but not the url in the ".mht" file though it already packed
> the
> images into the ".mht" file.
>
> PS: The ".mht" file is saved with IE8 and can be opened correctly with
> IE6.
>
> Thanks to anyone shows me a clue!



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2009
Liven
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?
Hello Donald,
Thank you very much for your answering. But I cannot connect to
msnews.microsoft.com with Outlook Express, maybe my ISP or router blocked the
119 port...

And for the question, I took more tests, and found that it may not have
relationship with the slash mark, but the name of the parent directory with
spaces.

Take the one-line-html with an image in my original post as example, if
I put them in a directory that no spaces in its path(For
example:"C:\CustDir"), it will be OK. But if I put them in a directory with
spaces (like "C:\Cust Dir"), the url will be not translated correctly in IE8.

I will try to paste two examples here, to make it more clear.
Save below text to a file with name "1.mht"
From: <Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8>
Subject:
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:37:23 +0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related;
type="text/html";
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0"
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Location: file://C:\CustDir\1.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"></HEAD>
<BODY><IMG src=3D"file:///C:/CustDir/1.bmp" width=3D50 =
height=3D50></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0
Content-Type: image/bmp
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Location: file:///C:/CustDir/1.bmp

Qk1CAAAAAAAAAD4AAAAoAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAEAAAAAAAQAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AP///wAAAAAA

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0--





And save below text to a file with name "2.mht"
From: <Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8>
Subject:
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:37:07 +0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/related;
type="text/html";
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310"
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Location: file://C:\Cust Dir\2.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"></HEAD>
<BODY><IMG src=3D"file:///C:/Cust%20Dir/2.bmp" width=3D50 =
height=3D50></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310
Content-Type: image/bmp
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Location: file:///C:/Cust%20Dir/2.bmp

Qk1CAAAAAAAAAD4AAAAoAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAEAAAAAAAQAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AP///wAAAAAA

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310--




You will see 1.mht will be shown correctly in IE8, while 2.mht will not
show the image. But they will both be shown in IE6.

Any clue?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2009
Liven
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?
I found the text I pasted is trimmed white space, and could not be parsed by
IE.
You should add a white space (tab character or space character) at the
beginning of 3 lines in each example, they are:
line 6: type="text/html";
line 7: boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310"
line 14: charset="Windows-1252"
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

"Liven" <Liven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:70F02757-09E0-412B-AE9A-E459046D5019@microsoft.com...
> Hello Donald,
> Thank you very much for your answering. But I cannot connect to
> msnews.microsoft.com with Outlook Express, maybe my ISP or router blocked
> the
> 119 port...
>
> And for the question, I took more tests, and found that it may not have
> relationship with the slash mark, but the name of the parent directory
> with
> spaces.


The only way I was able to duplicate your issue(image not showing in saved
MHT file) was using your original IMG tag that had the forwad slash mark "/"
in it.

I can not duplicate your issue here when testing from folders with spaces in
the folder name.

Using this simple code example:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<BODY>
<IMG src="some.bmp">
</BODY>
</HTML>

Renders the image in saved MHT files regardless of whether there are spaces
in the directory name here.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
> Take the one-line-html with an image in my original post as example, if
> I put them in a directory that no spaces in its path(For
> example:"C:\CustDir"), it will be OK. But if I put them in a directory
> with
> spaces (like "C:\Cust Dir"), the url will be not translated correctly in
> IE8.
>
> I will try to paste two examples here, to make it more clear.
> Save below text to a file with name "1.mht"
> From: <Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8>
> Subject:
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:37:23 +0800
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: multipart/related;
> type="text/html";
> boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0"
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
>
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0
> Content-Type: text/html;
> charset="Windows-1252"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> Content-Location: file://C:\CustDir\1.html
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"></HEAD>
> <BODY><IMG src=3D"file:///C:/CustDir/1.bmp" width=3D50 =
> height=3D50></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0
> Content-Type: image/bmp
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> Content-Location: file:///C:/CustDir/1.bmp
>
> Qk1CAAAAAAAAAD4AAAAoAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAEAAAAAAAQAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AP///wAAAAAA
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.91D677F0--
>
>
>
>
>
> And save below text to a file with name "2.mht"
> From: <Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8>
> Subject:
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:37:07 +0800
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: multipart/related;
> type="text/html";
> boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310"
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
>
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310
> Content-Type: text/html;
> charset="Windows-1252"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> Content-Location: file://C:\Cust Dir\2.html
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
> http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
> <META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18702"></HEAD>
> <BODY><IMG src=3D"file:///C:/Cust%20Dir/2.bmp" width=3D50 =
> height=3D50></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310
> Content-Type: image/bmp
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> Content-Location: file:///C:/Cust%20Dir/2.bmp
>
> Qk1CAAAAAAAAAD4AAAAoAAAAAQAAAAEAAAABAAEAAAAAAAQAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AP///wAAAAAA
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01CA53DD.88A7B310--
>
>
>
>
> You will see 1.mht will be shown correctly in IE8, while 2.mht will not
> show the image. But they will both be shown in IE6.
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thank you!



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Liven
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?
It's weird, in my computer with IE8, whether I put or not a slash mark to
close the image tag, it will not affect the testing result...
And in html grammer, isn't that tag should be closed by a slash mark?
I'm cofused, because two friends of me took the same test and got the same
result with me, or is it related with the OS? My testing are done on WinXP.

Have you saved the two examples in my last post and have a try? If it's
saving is complicated, could I send you a mail with the two ".mht" files as
attachments?
Thank you very much!

Best Regards!

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> 写入消息新闻:O7sObeAVKHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl ...
>
> "Liven" <Liven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:70F02757-09E0-412B-AE9A-E459046D5019@microsoft.com...
>
> The only way I was able to duplicate your issue(image not showing in saved
> MHT file) was using your original IMG tag that had the forwad slash mark
> "/" in it.
>
> I can not duplicate your issue here when testing from folders with spaces
> in the folder name.
>
> Using this simple code example:
>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <BODY>
> <IMG src="some.bmp">
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> Renders the image in saved MHT files regardless of whether there are
> spaces in the directory name here.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Liven
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?
Oh, and one more thing: have you deleted the original html and image files
after "saved as mht"?


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

"Liven" <livencheng@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OAr5jvEVKHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> It's weird, in my computer with IE8, whether I put or not a slash mark to
> close the image tag, it will not affect the testing result...


Then you have something else going on with your system that I'm not aware
of.

> And in html grammer, isn't that tag should be closed by a slash mark?


No. The forward slash in the IMG tag is invalid for HTML markup and
shouldn't be there - it is required for XHTML though.

> I'm cofused, because two friends of me took the same test and got the same
> result with me, or is it related with the OS? My testing are done on
> WinXP.


My testing was also done with IE8 on Windows XP SP3, and the only way I was
able to reproduce your issue was by using the IMG tag with the invalid
forward slash in the HTML markup.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer you on this problem.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
> Have you saved the two examples in my last post and have a try? If it's
> saving is complicated, could I send you a mail with the two ".mht" files
> as attachments?
> Thank you very much!
>
> Best Regards!
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com>
> 写入消息新闻:O7sObeAVKHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl ...
>>
>> "Liven" <Liven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:70F02757-09E0-412B-AE9A-E459046D5019@microsoft.com...
>>
>> The only way I was able to duplicate your issue(image not showing in
>> saved MHT file) was using your original IMG tag that had the forwad slash
>> mark "/" in it.
>>
>> I can not duplicate your issue here when testing from folders with spaces
>> in the folder name.
>>
>> Using this simple code example:
>>
>> <HTML>
>> <HEAD>
>> <BODY>
>> <IMG src="some.bmp">
>> </BODY>
>> </HTML>
>>
>> Renders the image in saved MHT files regardless of whether there are
>> spaces in the directory name here.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2009
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Can IE8 open ".mht" file with images correctly?

"Liven" <livencheng@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u2DMs7EVKHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Oh, and one more thing: have you deleted the original html and image files
> after "saved as mht"?


Yes! In my testing here I used a folder that had spaces in the folder name
and also deleted the original HTML file and Image file from the folder after
the MHT file was created. None of this affected the image being shown in
the MHT file.

Again, the only way I was able to reproduce your issue here is to use the
invalid forward slash "/" in the HTML markup for the Image Tag.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer you.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default Andrew microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-15-2009 14:36
BUG: Images or Sound folder: Default operation changed from "open" to other Jens M黮ler microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 03-11-2008 18:28
How to change default file view in Windows in "Open" window storm microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 11-07-2007 20:40
Trying to find where MRUs are stored for "Open" file in ImgBurn =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBCLg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 05-01-2007 19:50
How to remove "Open File - Security Warning" window? Echevil microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 01-07-2007 08:36




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120