Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 fails with Error Code E

Chuck

Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 fails with Error Code E
I installed Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade "clean install" and then during
the first windows update amoung other updates it attempted to install IE8.
The first time that my system tried to install IE8 it failed with Error Code
80070643. This error seems to relate to Office but I do not have any office
programs installed. Now everytime that update runs it tries to install IE8
but fails with error code E.
"Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer
has been detected on this computer."
I seem to have IE8 running but still windows update says that I need to
install IE8.
I tried hiding this update but still it keeps coming back saying that it is
an important update that I need and every time it fails.
I have looked at the history and every attempted install of IE8 shows as
failing.
About IE shows Version: 8.0.6001.18813
How can I fix this issue?
Chuck

Re: Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 fails with Error Code E
environment.

=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020

=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043
www.banthecheck.com

Chuck wrote:
> I installed Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade "clean install" and then during
> the first windows update amoung other updates it attempted to install IE8.
> The first time that my system tried to install IE8 it failed with Error
> Code
> 80070643. This error seems to relate to Office but I do not have any
> office
> programs installed. Now everytime that update runs it tries to install
> IE8
> but fails with error code E.
> "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer
> has been detected on this computer."
> I seem to have IE8 running but still windows update says that I need to
> install IE8.
> I tried hiding this update but still it keeps coming back saying that it
> is
> an important update that I need and every time it fails.
> I have looked at the history and every attempted install of IE8 shows as
> failing.
> About IE shows Version: 8.0.6001.18813
> How can I fix this issue?
> Chuck

Randy Bell

RE: Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 fails with Error Code E
Chuck, have you tried uninstalling IE8, running a registry cleaner to cleanup
leftover junk in your registry, then going back to Windows Update to see if
it will install IE8? Interesting that my copy of IE8 reads version
8.0.6001.18702 which is apparently a slightly lesser build than what you are
showing.

"Chuck" wrote:

> I installed Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade "clean install" and then during
> the first windows update amoung other updates it attempted to install IE8.
> The first time that my system tried to install IE8 it failed with Error Code
> 80070643. This error seems to relate to Office but I do not have any office
> programs installed. Now everytime that update runs it tries to install IE8
> but fails with error code E.
> "Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer
> has been detected on this computer."
> I seem to have IE8 running but still windows update says that I need to
> install IE8.
> I tried hiding this update but still it keeps coming back saying that it is
> an important update that I need and every time it fails.
> I have looked at the history and every attempted install of IE8 shows as
> failing.
> About IE shows Version: 8.0.6001.18813
> How can I fix this issue?
> Chuck

Re: Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 fails with Error Code E
Bah! If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.