send webpage using Email

silver hair

send webpage using Email
hello
I tried to send me a Page from this here Microsoft group

using I E 8
instead of loading
It gives a Warning:
This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not currently
allow.

it does allow to send other web pages, including from other Microsoft sites

But Not from this site Discussion groups

I looked in the browser
(the way the Add-ons are shown in IE8 is diff. from IE7)

it has
Run without permission - enabled
Currently loaded add -ons - enabled
and Downloaded controls, NO add-ons are here

the Security settings are all default
so is privacy
well its all default
just downloaded and installed last week and works great
faster then IE7

Question:

1. is it Not permitted to send webpages from this here Microsoft Discussion
Groups,? or
2. is it in my browser ?. if so where should I start looking

Oh 1 more think
when some one responds to my question,
and I check Notify me of replies,
I still don't get a notification in my Windows Live Mail

thanks
fritz

Re: send webpage using Email
CrystalBall© sez...

You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup:
microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Via the web-interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop

Via your newsreader:

silver hair wrote:
> hello
> I tried to send me a Page from this here Microsoft group
>
> using I E 8
> instead of loading
> It gives a Warning:
> This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not
> currently
> allow.
>
> it does allow to send other web pages, including from other Microsoft
> sites
>
> But Not from this site Discussion groups
>
> I looked in the browser
> (the way the Add-ons are shown in IE8 is diff. from IE7)
>
> it has
> Run without permission - enabled
> Currently loaded add -ons - enabled
> and Downloaded controls, NO add-ons are here
>
> the Security settings are all default
> so is privacy
> well its all default
> just downloaded and installed last week and works great
> faster then IE7
>
> Question:
>
> 1. is it Not permitted to send webpages from this here Microsoft
> Discussion
> Groups,? or
> 2. is it in my browser ?. if so where should I start looking
>
> Oh 1 more think
> when some one responds to my question,
> and I check Notify me of replies,
> I still don't get a notification in my Windows Live Mail
>
> thanks
> fritz

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: send webpage using Email

"silver hair" <silverhair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82EDFD85-7FDA-43AB-BECA-322F691BFDF5@microsoft.com...
> hello
> I tried to send me a Page from this here Microsoft group
>
> using I E 8
> instead of loading
> It gives a Warning:
> This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not currently
> allow.

Since you are posting from the web interface which requires use of scripts
that message is obviously bogus, e.g. a misinterpretation of some other
(unspecified) problem symptom.

> it does allow to send other web pages, including from other Microsoft sites
>
> But Not from this site Discussion groups
>
> I looked in the browser
> (the way the Add-ons are shown in IE8 is diff. from IE7)
>
> it has
> Run without permission - enabled
> Currently loaded add -ons - enabled
> and Downloaded controls, NO add-ons are here

It's probably possible to customize IE to cause inappropriate warning
messages. Why not use all defaults?

> the Security settings are all default
> so is privacy
> well its all default
> just downloaded and installed last week and works great
> faster then IE7
>
> Question:
>
> 1. is it Not permitted to send webpages from this here Microsoft Discussion
> Groups,? or
> 2. is it in my browser ?. if so where should I start looking

Start with an example. This page doesn't give Outlook any trouble
when I use File, Send page by E-mail to it:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a-322f691bfdf5

Hmm... that's interesting. It should be going to OE...

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>ftype mailto
mailto="%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /mailurl:%1
</cmd_output>

That apparently is typical of Outlook--forcing itself on us even when
it is unwanted. ; )

> Oh 1 more think
> when some one responds to my question,
> and I check Notify me of replies,
> I still don't get a notification in my Windows Live Mail

The web interface to newsgroup is FUBAR at the moment.
E.g. its search wasn't even working well enough for me to find
the above link using it. Also, its notification feature has often
been problematic for many. Supposedly its redirecting links
in the notification E-mails only work if you are already logged
in with your posting Live ID.

Check your profile to see if there is a link to the threads you want
notification for. And make sure that you are looking in the right account's
Inbox? (Hint: use the My Notifications Edit button.) ; )

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...spx?sloc=en-us

> thanks
> fritz

HTH