displaying web address

Amadeus

displaying web address
Hi there. This is going to be one of those "duh, why couldn't I figure that
out" questions. The internet address is no longer displayed in Internet
Explorer. How can I get it back?
Patrick Palczewski

Re: displaying web address
Do you mean the status bar at the bottom of the window, or the Address Bar
at the top of the IE window where you type in the URL?

Press Alt to get the Menu strip (File|Edit|View, etc.), Click View, then
Toolbars, then select the ones you want to see. (the two I mentioned above
are on that list.)

If that's not it, then provide clarification.

hth

Patrick P.

"Amadeus" <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA03C322-7A7B-4CDA-9EE6-87C42F06CD10@microsoft.com...
> Hi there. This is going to be one of those "duh, why couldn't I figure
> that
> out" questions. The internet address is no longer displayed in Internet
> Explorer. How can I get it back?

Leonard Grey

Re: displaying web address
And what version of Internet Explorer are we talking about?

Are you looking for the Address bar, which appears in the top part of
the frame, or the Status bar, which appears in the bottom part?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Amadeus wrote:
> Hi there. This is going to be one of those "duh, why couldn't I figure that
> out" questions. The internet address is no longer displayed in Internet
> Explorer. How can I get it back?

Amadeus

Re: displaying web address
Hey Patrick, Thanks for your incredibly quick reply! The problem I'm having
is with the Address bar at the top of the IE window where I would type in the
URL. I already went to view/toolbars/ and even though it is checked address
bar I still don't have one.

Thanks again,

Ron

"Patrick Palczewski" wrote:

> Do you mean the status bar at the bottom of the window, or the Address Bar
> at the top of the IE window where you type in the URL?
>
> Press Alt to get the Menu strip (File|Edit|View, etc.), Click View, then
> Toolbars, then select the ones you want to see. (the two I mentioned above
> are on that list.)
>
> If that's not it, then provide clarification.
>
> hth
>
> Patrick P.
>
> "Amadeus" <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA03C322-7A7B-4CDA-9EE6-87C42F06CD10@microsoft.com...
> > Hi there. This is going to be one of those "duh, why couldn't I figure
> > that
> > out" questions. The internet address is no longer displayed in Internet
> > Explorer. How can I get it back?

Amadeus

Re: displaying web address
Hey Patrick, I applied a little brain power and figured it out. When I
checked the address bar I noticed that the word "address" came up over on the
right. I clicked there and voila, the address bar is back. I guess I won't
beat the kids for messing up my computer after all!

Thanks for your help,

Ron

"Patrick Palczewski" wrote:

> Do you mean the status bar at the bottom of the window, or the Address Bar
> at the top of the IE window where you type in the URL?
>
> Press Alt to get the Menu strip (File|Edit|View, etc.), Click View, then
> Toolbars, then select the ones you want to see. (the two I mentioned above
> are on that list.)
>
> If that's not it, then provide clarification.
>
> hth
>
> Patrick P.
>
> "Amadeus" <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA03C322-7A7B-4CDA-9EE6-87C42F06CD10@microsoft.com...
> > Hi there. This is going to be one of those "duh, why couldn't I figure
> > that
> > out" questions. The internet address is no longer displayed in Internet
> > Explorer. How can I get it back?

Patrick Palczewski

Re: displaying web address
Ron,