Multiple Network Adapter????

Phil

Multiple Network Adapter????
Hi,
I installed the latest updates to my Vista Home Premium on 10/14 and since
that time I have been having problems connecting with my Hughes.net internet
connection. I get various errors one which states I have Mutliple network
adapters. If I go to "Network and Sharing Center" it shows two connections:
"Network 5" and something like "unnamednetwork". Network 5 is how I connect
with Hughes.net. I don't know that the other one is. If I disable the
unknown one I can some times connect with Internet Explorer. Sometimes I
have to disable both and then when I try to connect I get an error message
something about needing a network adapter with an option to fix. If I select
the fix option it finds (creates or whatever) the adapter and I can the
connect.
Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Is there a way to prevent the unknown
adapter from loading on startup?
The way it is not it takes me about 5 minutes to get on the internet and is
a real pain.
--
Phil
Bob

Re: Multiple Network Adapter????
Uninstall one of the adapters in Device Manager.