Add-ons

JWB

Add-ons
My IE-version8 says add-ons are not enabled. BUt when I go to the page to
enable them, the list shows all are enabled. Is an add-on missing? My
problem is that the background colors in web pages do not show up using
either IE or Netscape.
--
John
G. R. Woodring

Re: Add-ons
Right-click the shortcut you use to open IE8 and select "Properties". Under the
"Shortcut" tab see if the target ends with "-extoff". If it does you are
running in no-addons mode. The add-ons may be enabled in IE8 for normal mode
but that is overridden by the -extoff command line switch. Use a different
(normal) shortcut or create one without -extoff.

In the "Compatibility" tab in the shortcut properties, _none_ of the boxes
should be checked. Unless you are using Netscape 4.x or older, this applies to
the Netscape shortcut also.

You didn't provide much info to go on so this is just a starting point. Please
provide your Windows version and service pack level and note any third party
software that may be filtering you internet service. Offhand I can't think of
any connection between Netscape and IE that could only affect background colors.
Background /images/ might be blocked for some domains in the HOSTS file but
not colors. It could be a combination of browser configuration and Windows
color scheme.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 10/17/2009 5:02 PM, Author: JWB Wrote:
> My IE-version8 says add-ons are not enabled. BUt when I go to the page to
> enable them, the list shows all are enabled. Is an add-on missing? My
> problem is that the background colors in web pages do not show up using
> either IE or Netscape.

rob^_^

Re: Add-ons
Hi JWB,

Uninstall your current version of the Google Toolbar (Start>Control
Panel>Add Remove Programs) and then restart your computer.

Your IE Addons Manager should show the correct status of your Addons now.

From there you can download and install the latest version from
toolbar.google.com if you want to(?).

Regards.

"JWB" <JWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My IE-version8 says add-ons are not enabled. BUt when I go to the page to
> enable them, the list shows all are enabled. Is an add-on missing? My
> problem is that the background colors in web pages do not show up using
> either IE or Netscape.
> --
> John

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Add-ons

"JWB" <JWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D091A71-480E-4C46-AD3B-70BD57AD8AEE@microsoft.com...
> My IE-version8 says add-ons are not enabled. BUt when I go to the page to
> enable them, the list shows all are enabled. Is an add-on missing?

> My problem is that the background colors in web pages do not show up using
> either IE or Netscape.

That could happen if you were running in High Contrast mode.
Toggle out of HC mode by pressing LeftAlt+LeftShift+PrintScrn

---