Stops accessing anything, except secure sites.

John M

Stops accessing anything, except secure sites.
IE8 Works fine for 50 or 100 page accesses then won't go on line except for
secure sites.

Here's what happens. It seems to be a combnation of how long I've had a
page (any page) open, and how many pages I access. If I leave the computer
for several hours with a browser window open, when I come back to the
computer I can access 2, 3, 10 ?? pages when suddenly I recieve an error
that IE cannot acces this page, please check that you are connected yada
yada.....

At that time if I attempt to access a SECURE site, like my bank, there is no
problem.
Also I can send and recieve mail, but the images part of emails won't
download. I think attachments do, not sure. And I think I can send
attachments, again not sure.

When I close all windows and go to task manager it shows an instance of IE
still running and commanding about 50 megs of memory (it varies somewhat).
That instance will not close with the "end task" command.

I've tried everything I can think of and every trick I've run across
searching for an online solution to no avail.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Stops accessing anything, except secure sites.

"John M" <tangentjohn@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Ob9uxK2TKHA.2836@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> IE8 Works fine for 50 or 100 page accesses then won't go on line except for secure sites.

If you have a AV doing "link scanning" make it stop.