Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Screen Not Loading Properly

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2009
neil154
 

Posts: n/a
Screen Not Loading Properly
I am using IE8 (32 bit version) with Vista 64.

When I goto ESPN and try to see the gamecast (for college football) the 15
second commercial comes up fine but when the commercial ends (or even if I
skip commercial) the games cast does not come up. The screen stays blank
after the commercial. I tried using Yahoo Sport and then use their
GameChannel a screen pops up which says "loading" but it stays there and it
never loads.

Please advise what setting I have that might be wrong
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2009
neil154
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Screen Not Loading Properly
I should have mentioned that I have the popup blocker turned off.

"neil154" wrote:

> I am using IE8 (32 bit version) with Vista 64.
>
> When I goto ESPN and try to see the gamecast (for college football) the 15
> second commercial comes up fine but when the commercial ends (or even if I
> skip commercial) the games cast does not come up. The screen stays blank
> after the commercial. I tried using Yahoo Sport and then use their
> GameChannel a screen pops up which says "loading" but it stays there and it
> never loads.
>
> Please advise what setting I have that might be wrong

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2009
neil154
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Screen Not Loading Properly
I finally found an error message "Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0;
SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
..NET CLR 3.0.30729
Timestamp: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:29:25 UTC


Message: Object expected
Line: 81
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://a.espncdn.com/insertfiles/javascript/flash.js



"neil154" wrote:

> I should have mentioned that I have the popup blocker turned off.
>
> "neil154" wrote:
>
> > I am using IE8 (32 bit version) with Vista 64.
> >
> > When I goto ESPN and try to see the gamecast (for college football) the 15
> > second commercial comes up fine but when the commercial ends (or even if I
> > skip commercial) the games cast does not come up. The screen stays blank
> > after the commercial. I tried using Yahoo Sport and then use their
> > GameChannel a screen pops up which says "loading" but it stays there and it
> > never loads.
> >
> > Please advise what setting I have that might be wrong

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2009
VanguardLH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Not Loading Properly
neil154 wrote:

> Message: Object expected
> URI: .../flash.js


There's your sign. Tried uninstalling (which requires getting Adobe's
uninstaller program) and reinstalling Adobe's Flash Player which is an
ActiveX plug-in to IE?

If reinstalling Flash Player doesn't help, see if switching to
Compatibility View mode in IE8 gets the site looking right.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2009
TG2
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Screen Not Loading Properly
Check which version of flash is loading via the following link..

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

it will show you the version *it* see's, and further down that page is a
list of the current versions. If there is a discrepancy, download and
install the newest version they have ... see if that fixes the issue ...
sometimes code snippets (the flash.js) are looking for functions that older
versions of code don't support.

This could also be related to the version of Java that is installed/loaded.
Note that if you go to www.java.com and install a current version, that by
default Java does not uninstall the older versions ... their reasoning, is
that "maybe you're a developer, or maybe you have applets that require a
specific java version" .... most users however don't fit into either of those
Java BS reasons ... so I'd recommend uninstalling all other versions of java
except the most recent one ... look in Add/Remove programs to see how many
java versions you have.. when I first found out about this.. I had 10
different updates installed, each taking 100 meg of drive space .... 1 gig in
total drive space wasted and all *I* needed was the most recent one..

Anyway... good luck!

"neil154" wrote:

> I finally found an error message "Webpage error details
>
> User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0;
> SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
> .NET CLR 3.0.30729
> Timestamp: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:29:25 UTC
>
>
> Message: Object expected
> Line: 81
> Char: 3
> Code: 0
> URI: http://a.espncdn.com/insertfiles/javascript/flash.js
>
>
>
> "neil154" wrote:
>
> > I should have mentioned that I have the popup blocker turned off.
> >
> > "neil154" wrote:
> >
> > > I am using IE8 (32 bit version) with Vista 64.
> > >
> > > When I goto ESPN and try to see the gamecast (for college football) the 15
> > > second commercial comes up fine but when the commercial ends (or even if I
> > > skip commercial) the games cast does not come up. The screen stays blank
> > > after the commercial. I tried using Yahoo Sport and then use their
> > > GameChannel a screen pops up which says "loading" but it stays there and it
> > > never loads.
> > >
> > > Please advise what setting I have that might be wrong

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blue screen, vista not loading, error says stopped loading to prot altimber microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 11-14-2009 04:29
Start menu user folders not loading properly Coldon microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-28-2008 14:42
Yahoo Finance Website Not Properly Loading iperlovsky microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 08-21-2008 00:12
User profiles not loading properly Twisted- microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 0 06-07-2007 22:02
Webpages not loading properly, etc =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmVhcw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-08-2007 13:36




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:37.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120