Need to increase Font Size for printing

crzyallday

Need to increase Font Size for printing
How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It is
so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional
Bob

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
File>>Print Preview>>Click down arrow where you see "Shrink to fit"

"crzyallday" <crzyallday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It
> is
> so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
> remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
> that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
> size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional

rob^_^

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
Hi crz,

Tools>Internet Options>General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore font
sizes specified on web pages". Then select a default font size of Medium
(View>Text Size>Your preference), This will work for both the screen and the
printer, so you may like to leave your settings as above.

Regards.

"crzyallday" <crzyallday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It
> is
> so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
> remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
> that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
> size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

What "MS help pages," where?

crzyallday wrote:
> How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It
> is
> so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
> remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
> that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
> size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional

crzyallday

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
IE V.8, WinXP Pro, SP2, Microsoft Word help and help & support in the Start
menu

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What "MS help pages," where?
>

> crzyallday wrote:
> > How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It
> > is
> > so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
> > remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
> > that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
> > size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional

crzyallday

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
Just go around to checking this out...worked like a charm...thank you very
much!!!! Had medium checked (View>Text Size>Your preference) but did the
Accessbility button and worked great.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi crz,
>
> Tools>Internet Options>General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore font
> sizes specified on web pages". Then select a default font size of Medium
> (View>Text Size>Your preference), This will work for both the screen and the
> printer, so you may like to leave your settings as above.
>
> Regards.
>
> "crzyallday" <crzyallday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I increase the font size for printing out the MS help pages? It
> > is
> > so small that I can barely read it even with reading glasses. I think I
> > remember in display that you can increase it but then everything is so big
> > that you have to scroll over to see the page. AND does this increase the
> > size of the type that is printed out? Using Windows XP Professional

crzyallday

Re: Need to increase Font Size for printing
Sorry it took so long...already had the "Shrink to fit"...rob's answer did
the trick. Thanks for the input.