Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8

Nissi1

Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8
I am using IE8.0.6001. With IE7 I was allowed to email a webpage or its
link using Live Mail, while in IE. Now this feature is greyed out. I have
checked the add-ons and LiveMail is enabled.

I found and an accelerator which allows me to email a webpage's link but not
the page.

Is not the Send page/link feature working in IE8 or is there's something I
am missing?

Thanks,

Cora

Don Varnau

Re: Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8
Hi,

Windows XP or Vista?

For Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

For XP: Control panel> Add/remove programs> Set Program Access and Defaults,
choose Microsoft Windows or Custom. Make sure Windows Live Mail is selected
as the default mail program.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using IE8.0.6001. With IE7 I was allowed to email a webpage or its
> link using Live Mail, while in IE. Now this feature is greyed out. I

have
> checked the add-ons and LiveMail is enabled.
>
> I found and an accelerator which allows me to email a webpage's link but

not
> the page.
>
> Is not the Send page/link feature working in IE8 or is there's something I
> am missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cora

Nissi1

Re: Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8
Thank you for your reply.

Live Mail is my default email service. As I stated below, when I added the
accelerator which only email links, LiveMail opened when I tested it. I do
not understand why send page by email and send link by email, are grayed
out.

Also, I forgot to mention I use Vista, which does not seem to matter.

IE is not my default browser, however, due to your suggestion I made it so
thinking it would make a difference. It did not. If I cannot get the mail
feature to work, it will be back to the snipping tool.

Cora

Hi,

Windows XP or Vista?

For Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

For XP: Control panel> Add/remove programs> Set Program Access and Defaults,
choose Microsoft Windows or Custom. Make sure Windows Live Mail is selected
as the default mail program.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using IE8.0.6001. With IE7 I was allowed to email a webpage or its
> link using Live Mail, while in IE. Now this feature is greyed out. I

have
> checked the add-ons and LiveMail is enabled.
>
> I found and an accelerator which allows me to email a webpage's link but

not
> the page.
>
> Is not the Send page/link feature working in IE8 or is there's something I
> am missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cora

Nissi1

Re: Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8
I took it on faith and reset LiveMail as the default again. Send page/link
by email is no longer grayed out and is now working.

Thank you.

--

Thank you for your reply.

Live Mail is my default email service. As I stated below, when I added the
accelerator which only email links, LiveMail opened when I tested it. I do
not understand why send page by email and send link by email, are grayed
out.

Also, I forgot to mention I use Vista, which does not seem to matter.

IE is not my default browser, however, due to your suggestion I made it so
thinking it would make a difference. It did not. If I cannot get the mail
feature to work, it will be back to the snipping tool.

Cora

Hi,

Windows XP or Vista?

For Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

For XP: Control panel> Add/remove programs> Set Program Access and Defaults,
choose Microsoft Windows or Custom. Make sure Windows Live Mail is selected
as the default mail program.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using IE8.0.6001. With IE7 I was allowed to email a webpage or its
> link using Live Mail, while in IE. Now this feature is greyed out. I

have
> checked the add-ons and LiveMail is enabled.
>
> I found and an accelerator which allows me to email a webpage's link but

not
> the page.
>
> Is not the Send page/link feature working in IE8 or is there's something I
> am missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cora

Don Varnau

Re: Unable to Send Page/Link by Email from IE8
You're welcome. Glad the information helped.

Don