Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Printing problem in OE6

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
Bob Lucas
 

Posts: n/a
Printing problem in OE6
This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via the
NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.

I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows XP
(SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One computer
has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.

I applied major updates to my computers on the following dates:

Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
downloaded from the Microsoft website)

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft Update)

Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
downloaded from the Microsoft website)

I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the installations.

The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
priority and critical updates, which include the following
entries:

22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
- Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
14 May 2008 Windows XP
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)
20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
- Cumulative Security Update for
Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
for Windows XP (KB969897)
20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
- Update for Internet Explorer 8
Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
List for Windows XP (KB971180)

I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on both
computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
Express.

I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected to
USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are connected
to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
Laptop.

I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but not
all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print the
message as a PDF file.

The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right margin.
This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the email
print OK.

I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that Shrink
to Fit has been enabled in IE8.

I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the problem:

a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
cropped on page 1.

b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
"Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
printed the message from OE6. The right margin was still
cropped on the first page.

c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the EML
file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message from
WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
hand text was still truncated.

d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
document was complete and did print OK.

e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text". The
message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.

A Google search shows that other users have experienced the same
problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following the
installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its predecessors -
and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
alternative suggestions.

Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express, it
also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
the relevant newsgroups.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
Hi,
Have you tried, from Print Preview, a size other than "shrink to fit?" Give
100% or 95% or 90% a try.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23kWoI50PKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via the
> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>
> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows XP
> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One computer
> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>
> I applied major updates to my computers on the following dates:
>
> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft Update)
>
> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>
> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the installations.
>
> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
> priority and critical updates, which include the following
> entries:
>
> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
> - Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)
> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> - Cumulative Security Update for
> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> for Windows XP (KB969897)
> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>
> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on both
> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
> Express.
>
> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected to
> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are connected
> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
> Laptop.
>
> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but not
> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print the
> message as a PDF file.
>
> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right margin.
> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the email
> print OK.
>
> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that Shrink
> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>
> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the problem:
>
> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
> cropped on page 1.
>
> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was still
> cropped on the first page.
>
> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the EML
> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message from
> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
> hand text was still truncated.
>
> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
> document was complete and did print OK.
>
> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text". The
> message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.
>
> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the same
> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following the
> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its predecessors -
> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
> alternative suggestions.
>
> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express, it
> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
> the relevant newsgroups.
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
Bob Lucas
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
Thank you.

When printing form IE8, I always use Print Preview, before I
print a web page.

However, my problem occurs with printing from Outlook Express,
which uses the IE print engine - but does not offer a print
preview option. Perhaps I am I missing something?


"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
news:uv84R$2PKHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Have you tried, from Print Preview, a size other than "shrink
> to fit?" Give
> 100% or 95% or 90% a try.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23kWoI50PKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
>> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via
>> the
>> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>>
>> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows
>> XP
>> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One
>> computer
>> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>>
>> I applied major updates to my computers on the following
>> dates:
>>
>> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft
>> Update)
>>
>> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
>> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
>> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
>> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the
>> installations.
>>
>> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
>> priority and critical updates, which include the following
>> entries:
>>
>> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
>> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
>> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
>> - Windows XP Service Pack 3
>> (KB936929)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Cumulative Security Update for
>> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic
>> Installer
>> for Windows XP (KB969897)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
>> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
>> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>>
>> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on
>> both
>> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
>> Express.
>>
>> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected
>> to
>> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are
>> connected
>> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
>> Laptop.
>>
>> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
>> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but
>> not
>> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print
>> the
>> message as a PDF file.
>>
>> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
>> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right
>> margin.
>> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the
>> email
>> print OK.
>>
>> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
>> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
>> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that
>> Shrink
>> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>>
>> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the
>> problem:
>>
>> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
>> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
>> cropped on page 1.
>>
>> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
>> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
>> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was
>> still
>> cropped on the first page.
>>
>> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the
>> EML
>> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message
>> from
>> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
>> hand text was still truncated.
>>
>> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
>> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
>> document was complete and did print OK.
>>
>> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text".
>> The
>> message printed OK - but without formatting or
>> graphics.
>>
>> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the
>> same
>> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following
>> the
>> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its
>> predecessors -
>> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
>> alternative suggestions.
>>
>> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express,
>> it
>> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
>> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
>> the relevant newsgroups.
>>
>>

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
That's not an option when printing an OE or WLMail message, Don.

Don Varnau wrote:
> Hi,
> Have you tried, from Print Preview, a size other than "shrink to fit?"
> Give
> 100% or 95% or 90% a try.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:%23kWoI50PKHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
>> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via the
>> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>>
>> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows XP
>> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One computer
>> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>>
>> I applied major updates to my computers on the following dates:
>>
>> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft Update)
>>
>> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
>> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
>> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
>> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the installations.
>>
>> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
>> priority and critical updates, which include the following
>> entries:
>>
>> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
>> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
>> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
>> - Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Cumulative Security Update for
>> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> for Windows XP (KB969897)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
>> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
>> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>>
>> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on both
>> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
>> Express.
>>
>> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected to
>> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are connected
>> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
>> Laptop.
>>
>> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
>> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but not
>> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print the
>> message as a PDF file.
>>
>> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
>> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right margin.
>> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the email
>> print OK.
>>
>> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
>> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
>> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that Shrink
>> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>>
>> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the problem:
>>
>> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
>> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
>> cropped on page 1.
>>
>> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
>> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
>> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was still
>> cropped on the first page.
>>
>> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the EML
>> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message from
>> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
>> hand text was still truncated.
>>
>> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
>> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
>> document was complete and did print OK.
>>
>> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text". The
>> message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.
>>
>> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the same
>> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following the
>> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its predecessors -
>> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
>> alternative suggestions.
>>
>> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express, it
>> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
>> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
>> the relevant newsgroups.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
I replied to your original thread about this. Ideally, you would not have
started a new thread.

Bob Lucas wrote:
> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via the
> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>
> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows XP
> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One computer
> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>
> I applied major updates to my computers on the following dates:
>
> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft Update)
>
> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>
> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the installations.
>
> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
> priority and critical updates, which include the following
> entries:
>
> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
> - Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)
> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> - Cumulative Security Update for
> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> for Windows XP (KB969897)
> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>
> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on both
> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
> Express.
>
> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected to
> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are connected
> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
> Laptop.
>
> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but not
> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print the
> message as a PDF file.
>
> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right margin.
> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the email
> print OK.
>
> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that Shrink
> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>
> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the problem:
>
> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
> cropped on page 1.
>
> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was still
> cropped on the first page.
>
> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the EML
> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message from
> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
> hand text was still truncated.
>
> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
> document was complete and did print OK.
>
> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text". The
> message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.
>
> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the same
> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following the
> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its predecessors -
> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
> alternative suggestions.
>
> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express, it
> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
> the relevant newsgroups.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
Bob Lucas
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
Robear

Now, I am confused.

I have a printing problem from OE6, which also affects WLMail.

I tried three times to post details of the printing problem on
this newsgroup. None of these posts appeared on the NNTP server,
so I started a different thread - to enquire whether there was a
problem with the NNTP server. Those were entirely different
issues - so that is why they are the subject of different
threads.

My problem with posting via the NNTP server has been resolved -
but the printing problem from OE6 and WLMail has not.

You say that you have replied to my original thread. Is that the
thread that concerns the NNTP server - or the one that enquires
about the printing problem?

If your response relates to the printing problem, then I cannot
find any trace of it on the NNTP server - or via the web
interface.


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:O7t#xg4PKHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I replied to your original thread about this. Ideally, you
> would not have started a new thread.
>
> Bob Lucas wrote:
>> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
>> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via
>> the
>> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>>
>> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows
>> XP
>> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One
>> computer
>> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>>
>> I applied major updates to my computers on the following
>> dates:
>>
>> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft
>> Update)
>>
>> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>
>> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
>> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
>> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
>> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the
>> installations.
>>
>> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
>> priority and critical updates, which include the following
>> entries:
>>
>> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
>> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
>> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
>> - Windows XP Service Pack 3
>> (KB936929)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Cumulative Security Update for
>> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> for Windows XP (KB969897)
>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
>> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
>> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>>
>> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on
>> both
>> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
>> Express.
>>
>> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected
>> to
>> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are
>> connected
>> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
>> Laptop.
>>
>> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
>> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but
>> not
>> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print
>> the
>> message as a PDF file.
>>
>> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
>> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right
>> margin.
>> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the
>> email
>> print OK.
>>
>> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
>> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
>> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that
>> Shrink
>> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>>
>> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the
>> problem:
>>
>> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
>> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
>> cropped on page 1.
>>
>> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
>> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
>> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was
>> still
>> cropped on the first page.
>>
>> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the
>> EML
>> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message
>> from
>> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
>> hand text was still truncated.
>>
>> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
>> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
>> document was complete and did print OK.
>>
>> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text".
>> The
>> message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.
>>
>> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the
>> same
>> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following
>> the
>> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its
>> predecessors -
>> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
>> alternative suggestions.
>>
>> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express,
>> it
>> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
>> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
>> the relevant newsgroups.

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing problem in OE6
See your original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...72d0e069959ec8

Bob Lucas wrote:
> Robear
>
> Now, I am confused.
>
> I have a printing problem from OE6, which also affects WLMail.
>
> I tried three times to post details of the printing problem on
> this newsgroup. None of these posts appeared on the NNTP server,
> so I started a different thread - to enquire whether there was a
> problem with the NNTP server. Those were entirely different
> issues - so that is why they are the subject of different
> threads.
>
> My problem with posting via the NNTP server has been resolved -
> but the printing problem from OE6 and WLMail has not.
>
> You say that you have replied to my original thread. Is that the
> thread that concerns the NNTP server - or the one that enquires
> about the printing problem?
>
> If your response relates to the printing problem, then I cannot
> find any trace of it on the NNTP server - or via the web
> interface.
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:O7t#xg4PKHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I replied to your original thread about this. Ideally, you
>> would not have started a new thread.
>>
>> Bob Lucas wrote:
>>> This is my fourth attempt to post this enquiry, which appeared
>>> previously on the web interface - but not was not visible via
>>> the
>>> NNTP news server. I apologise for the duplication.
>>>
>>> I use two computers, both of which were delivered with Windows
>>> XP
>>> (SP2), Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. One
>>> computer
>>> has Win XP Home Edition . The other has Win XP Professional.
>>>
>>> I applied major updates to my computers on the following
>>> dates:
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 7 on 22 Feb 2007 (full installation file,
>>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>>
>>> Windows XP Service Pack 3 on 14 May 2008 (from Microsoft
>>> Update)
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 8 on 20 June 2009 (full installation file,
>>> downloaded from the Microsoft website)
>>>
>>> I took the precaution of disabling Avast anti-virus, before I
>>> installed these updates. (I also switched off the Zone
>>> Alarm firewall and turned on the Windows XP firewall). I
>>> experienced no problems whatsoever with any of the
>>> installations.
>>>
>>> The Microsoft Update history on my laptop also shows many high
>>> priority and critical updates, which include the following
>>> entries:
>>>
>>> 22 Feb 2007 Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 Dynamic Installer
>>> - Network Diagnostic Tool (KB914440)
>>> 14 May 2008 Windows XP
>>> - Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>> (KB936929)
>>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>>> - Cumulative Security Update for
>>> Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>>> for Windows XP (KB969897)
>>> 20 Jun 2009 Windows Internet Explorer 8 Dynamic Installer
>>> - Update for Internet Explorer 8
>>> Dynamic Installer Compatibility View
>>> List for Windows XP (KB971180)
>>>
>>> I have also installed Windows Live Mail (14.0.8089.0726) on
>>> both
>>> computers. However, my default mail client is still Outlook
>>> Express.
>>>
>>> I use HP LaserJet 1016 and Lexmark X1100 printers, connected
>>> to
>>> USB ports on the Desktop computer. Both computers are
>>> connected
>>> to a router, so I can also print to network printers from my
>>> Laptop.
>>>
>>> I have just become aware of a problem, which involves both
>>> computers and both printers. The problem affects some, but
>>> not
>>> all emails. It also occurs, if I use Adobe Acrobat to print
>>> the
>>> message as a PDF file.
>>>
>>> The header prints OK. However, approximately 0.5 inches of
>>> subsequent text and graphics are truncated at the right
>>> margin.
>>> This problem affects page 1 only - subsequent pages of the
>>> email
>>> print OK.
>>>
>>> I am aware that Outlook Express and Internet Explorer use the
>>> same print engine. Consequently, I have checked the print
>>> margins in IE8 (19.05 mm all round). I also checked that
>>> Shrink
>>> to Fit has been enabled in IE8.
>>>
>>> I have tried various tests, in an attempt to isolate the
>>> problem:
>>>
>>> a) I printed the message in landscape format. That made no
>>> difference whatsoever, and the right margin was still
>>> cropped on page 1.
>>>
>>> b) I reduced the Text Size in IE8 (from "Medium" to
>>> "Smaller"). That made no difference whatsoever, when I
>>> printed the message from OE6. The right margin was
>>> still
>>> cropped on the first page.
>>>
>>> c) I saved the message an EML file. Then, I dragged the
>>> EML
>>> file into Windows Live Mail - and printed the message
>>> from
>>> WLMail. That made no difference whatsoever. The right
>>> hand text was still truncated.
>>>
>>> d) I copied and pasted the message into a Microsoft Word
>>> document. Formatting was not perfect . However, the
>>> document was complete and did print OK.
>>>
>>> e) I configured OE to "Read all messages in plain text".
>>> The
>>> message printed OK - but without formatting or graphics.
>>>
>>> A Google search shows that other users have experienced the
>>> same
>>> problem - and indicates that this problem occurs, following
>>> the
>>> installation of IE8. However, I prefer IE8 to its
>>> predecessors -
>>> and do not want to revert to IE7. I shall be grateful for any
>>> alternative suggestions.
>>>
>>> Although I have experienced the problem with Outlook Express,
>>> it
>>> also seems to affect WLMail and might be linked to Internet
>>> Explorer 8. Consequently, I have crossposted my question to
>>> the relevant newsgroups.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE6 Sp2 printing problem JacquesT microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 01-15-2009 21:28
Printing problem MrKite microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 11-25-2008 17:12
Printing Problem jjham microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 09-25-2008 05:55
problem printing charles cashion microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 09-24-2008 20:30
printing problem EdStevens microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 12-19-2007 04:37




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:49.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120