Well I know a little about computers as I have been a programmer for 29 years.
I have fix the IE8 problem by re-installing it and making this post.
I firmly believe:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0;
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
..NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR
3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:12:52 UTC
Message: Element not found.
means that the web page to add search engines: Element not found means
the web page itself is broken, or broken links; this web page appears fixed
maybe the re-install fix the problem.
In the end though, do not let MS on your compter remotely, without a proper
backup; and I found there support completely unable to solve or trouble shoot
this problem. I have found that it is best to argue with MS only for 20
if they can't fix the problem, then fix it yourself or ask someone else.