Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows

vbarrio

Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
When I click on any icon, desktop or tray, for Internet Explorer, two tabs
open to my home page. Is there something I can do besides closing one of the
home pages?
Gordon

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows

"vbarrio" <vbarrio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on any icon, desktop or tray, for Internet Explorer, two tabs
> open to my home page. Is there something I can do besides closing one of
> the
> home pages?

Click on the drop-down arrow at the side of the Home Page button and change
the behaviour...

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
Windows version?

2 separate windows or 2 separate tabs?

Are you saying the behavior exists in IE7 and now persists in IE8?

vbarrio wrote:
> When I click on any icon, desktop or tray, for Internet Explorer, two tabs
> open to my home page. Is there something I can do besides closing one of
> the
> home pages?

vbarrio

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
My operating system is Vista.
The behavior happened when I had IE7 and is now doing the same thing with IE8.
When I click the IE icon, I get 2 tabs of IE, not just one.

> My operating system is Vista.
> The behavior happened when I had IE7 and is now doing the same thing with
> IE8.
> When I click the IE icon, I get 2 tabs of IE, not just one.

Then you have two home pages set. (Probably). Do what I said, open IE, click
on the arrow to the right of the Home button and see.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
See Gordon's replies.

vbarrio wrote:
> My operating system is Vista.
> The behavior happened when I had IE7 and is now doing the same thing with
> IE8. When I click the IE icon, I get 2 tabs of IE, not just one.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Windows version?
>>
>> 2 separate windows or 2 separate tabs?
>>
>> Are you saying the behavior exists in IE7 and now persists in IE8?
>>
>> vbarrio wrote:
>>> When I click on any icon, desktop or tray, for Internet Explorer, two
>>> tabs
>>> open to my home page. Is there something I can do besides closing one
>>> of the home pages?

vbarrio

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
Thanks so much for your input. I tried that, but it did not correct the
problem; it now just gives me a blank page when I go to IE. Any other
suggestions?

"Gordon" wrote:

> "vbarrio" <vbarrio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click on any icon, desktop or tray, for Internet Explorer, two tabs
> > open to my home page. Is there something I can do besides closing one of
> > the
> > home pages?

> Click on the drop-down arrow at the side of the Home Page button and change
> the behaviour...

vbarrio

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
I get two separate windows of IE and it happened with IE7 and persists with
IE8. I even tried changing my home page to nothing. Now all I get is a blank
page.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See Gordon's replies.
>
> vbarrio wrote:
> > My operating system is Vista.
> > The behavior happened when I had IE7 and is now doing the same thing with
> > IE8. When I click the IE icon, I get 2 tabs of IE, not just one.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Windows version?
> >>
> >> 2 separate windows or 2 separate tabs?
> >>
> >> Are you saying the behavior exists in IE7 and now persists in IE8?

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
Please don't confuse "windows" with "tabs"!

Assuming you're now getting two blank TABS when you open IE8...

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

vbarrio wrote:
> I get two separate windows of IE and it happened with IE7 and persists
> with
> IE8. I even tried changing my home page to nothing. Now all I get is a
> blank
> page.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> See Gordon's replies.
>>
>> vbarrio wrote:
>>> My operating system is Vista.
>>> The behavior happened when I had IE7 and is now doing the same thing
>>> with
>>> IE8. When I click the IE icon, I get 2 tabs of IE, not just one.

vbarrio

Re: Internet Explorer 7 and 8 opening in 2 separate windows
Thanks for your help. I intend to call the no-charge support number.
You have been a great help and I truly appreciate all you have done for me.
vbarrio