Adobe

Dar

Adobe
I would like to know when you update Adobe Reader are you supposed to get rid
of the adobe installer. I now have three of them
Adobe Reader 9 Installer June 21 2009 File folder
Adobe Reader 9 Installer 2 June 21 2009 File folder
Adobe Reader 9 Installer 3 Septermber 10 2009 File folder
Now am I supposed to delete the June ones or leave them alone? I am running
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit Operating System.
Leonard Grey

Re: Adobe
No need to keep the installers for free software. For software that you
have purchased, you should definitely keep the installer. Burn it to a
CD for safekeeping and include a text file with your license
information. You would be surprised how many people buy software,
install it, and then throw away the installer they paid for!
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dar wrote:
> I would like to know when you update Adobe Reader are you supposed to get rid
> of the adobe installer. I now have three of them
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer June 21 2009 File folder
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer 2 June 21 2009 File folder
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer 3 Septermber 10 2009 File folder
> Now am I supposed to delete the June ones or leave them alone? I am running
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit Operating System.

Donald Anadell

Re: Adobe

"Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know when you update Adobe Reader are you supposed to get
>rid
> of the adobe installer. I now have three of them
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer June 21 2009 File
> folder
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer 2 June 21 2009 File folder
> Adobe Reader 9 Installer 3 Septermber 10 2009 File folder
> Now am I supposed to delete the June ones or leave them alone? I am
> running
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit Operating System.

To add to Leonard's advise, you might ask your question about Adobe Reader
in the Adobe Reader forum:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...s/adobe_reader

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Dar

Re: Adobe
I wish you would of came on sooner I already deleted them. I hope there will
not be a problem. But thanks for all the help.

>I wish you would of came on sooner I already deleted them. I hope there
>will
> not be a problem. But thanks for all the help.

You're welcome.

I don't know the level of your computer skills, but you can avoid such
problems by using a Custom Transform(.mst file) to install the Adobe Reader.
Using a Custom Transform(.mst file) allows you to install Adobe Reader
without all the unnecessary Fluff that comes with it such as, Adobe AIR,
Adobe Updater, ...etc.

Adobe even has a program that you can use to create a Custom Transform
called "Adobe Customisation Wizard 9".

If you are interested, more info on how to do this can be found here:

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/deploym...-9-for-windows

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Dar" <Dar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to know when you update Adobe Reader are you supposed to
>> >get
>> >rid
>> > of the adobe installer. I now have three of them
>> > Adobe Reader 9 Installer June 21 2009 File
>> > folder
>> > Adobe Reader 9 Installer 2 June 21 2009 File
>> > folder
>> > Adobe Reader 9 Installer 3 Septermber 10 2009 File folder
>> > Now am I supposed to delete the June ones or leave them alone? I am
>> > running
>> > Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit Operating System.

>> To add to Leonard's advise, you might ask your question about Adobe
>> Reader
>> in the Adobe Reader forum:
>> http://forums.adobe.com/community/ad...s/adobe_reader
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Dar

Re: Adobe
Thanks for your help but my level of computers is very low. I looked at what
you sent on here and do not understand it. But thank you very much for
replying to me. I really need to take a class or two to learn more. I am
trying to learn as I go along.