InPrivate Filtering and Browsing

mpw

InPrivate Filtering and Browsing
I recently downloaded IE 8 and I am not having any problems but I have a
question about InPrivate Filtering and InPrivate Browsing. Is there any
place I can set either of these to be on by default?

It would be nice not to have to activate them every time I open a new
Window. The Phishing filter had a place in Internet Options – Advanced Tab
to turn it on and then it was on every time a Window opened. I can’t find a
place to do this with either InPrivate Filtering or InPrivate Browsing.

Thank you for your help.
Helroy

Re: InPrivate Filtering and Browsing

news8E12F0D-FC6E-4257-8514-2D13072CB988@microsoft.com...

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/en...-ie8-sessions/

--
Helroy
<><>

VanguardLH

mpw wrote:

> I recently downloaded IE 8 and I am not having any problems but I have a
> question about InPrivate Filtering and InPrivate Browsing. Is there any
> place I can set either of these to be on by default?
>
> It would be nice not to have to activate them every time I open a new
> Window. The Phishing filter had a place in Internet Options V Advanced Tab
> to turn it on and then it was on every time a Window opened. I cant find a
> place to do this with either InPrivate Filtering or InPrivate Browsing.
>
> Thank you for your help.

One requires a registry edit. The other requires a command-line
argument.

Always enable InPrivate Filtering:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dmart/archive/...y-default.aspx

To enable InPrivate Browsing:
<path>\iexplore.exe [optionalURL] -private
mpw

Re: InPrivate Filtering and Browsing
Thank you but I am afraid to mess with the registry. Maybe someday Microsoft
will provide a patch I can download or something. mpw

"Helroy" wrote:

> "mpw" <mpw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8E12F0D-FC6E-4257-8514-2D13072CB988@microsoft.com...
> > I recently downloaded IE 8 and I am not having any problems but I have a
> > question about InPrivate Filtering and InPrivate Browsing. Is there any
> > place I can set either of these to be on by default?
> >
> > It would be nice not to have to activate them every time I open a new
> > Window. The Phishing filter had a place in Internet Options – Advanced
> > Tab
> > to turn it on and then it was on every time a Window opened. I can’t find
> > place to do this with either InPrivate Filtering or InPrivate Browsing.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.

> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/en...-ie8-sessions/
>
> --
> Helroy
> <><>

mpw

Re: InPrivate Filtering and Browsing
Thank you but I am afraid to mess with the registry. I will wait in hopes
Microsoft provides a download with a fix. mpw

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> mpw wrote:
>
> > I recently downloaded IE 8 and I am not having any problems but I have a
> > question about InPrivate Filtering and InPrivate Browsing. Is there any
> > place I can set either of these to be on by default?
> >
> > It would be nice not to have to activate them every time I open a new
> > Window. The Phishing filter had a place in Internet Options – Advanced Tab
> > to turn it on and then it was on every time a Window opened. I can’t find a
> > place to do this with either InPrivate Filtering or InPrivate Browsing.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.

> One requires a registry edit. The other requires a command-line
> argument.
>
> Always enable InPrivate Filtering:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dmart/archive/...y-default.aspx
>
> To enable InPrivate Browsing:
> <path>\iexplore.exe [optionalURL] -private

Re: InPrivate Filtering and Browsing
What fix? InPrivate Filtering/Browsing is an available option. (Not
everyone needs or wants to disobey their parents or employers.)

mpw wrote:
> Thank you but I am afraid to mess with the registry. Maybe someday
> Microsoft will provide a patch I can download or something. mpw
>
> "Helroy" wrote:
>

>> "mpw" <mpw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news8E12F0D-FC6E-4257-8514-2D13072CB988@microsoft.com...
>>> I recently downloaded IE 8 and I am not having any problems but I have a
>>> question about InPrivate Filtering and InPrivate Browsing. Is there any
>>> place I can set either of these to be on by default?
>>>
>>> It would be nice not to have to activate them every time I open a new
>>> Window. The Phishing filter had a place in Internet Options – Advanced
>>> Tab
>>> to turn it on and then it was on every time a Window opened. I can’t
>>> find
>>> place to do this with either InPrivate Filtering or InPrivate Browsing.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your help.

>> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/en...-ie8-sessions/
>>
>> --
>> Helroy