download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...

Bara!

download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...

Every fu%¤&ng time I visit download.cnet.com IE8 crashes due to their faulty
scripts!

WHY isn't IE8 protected against faulty scripts, or why doesn't IE8 know HOW
to deal with faulty scripts ?!

For exampel one can try this download:
http://download.cnet.com/3001-2239_4...art=dl-6270509

When I click DOWNLOAD, IE8 starts to 'load' something (according to the blue
line at the bottom), but then nothing happens, until a window poppes up
asking:

"Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly", and so
on, and it really doesn't matter if I click YES or NO, since it'll keep
coming back again, and there is no way to ever get the download to start.

Also this download has the very same problem:

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...tPopTwoColWrap

Or ANY download one can chose from the frontpage at:

http://download.cnet.com/Windows

It's been like this ever since IE8 came out, and surely more people than me
must have experienced this on different sites ?!

/BB!

Helroy

Re: download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...

"Bara!" <Bara!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Every fu%¤&ng time I visit download.cnet.com IE8 crashes due to their
> faulty
> scripts!
>
> WHY isn't IE8 protected against faulty scripts, or why doesn't IE8 know
> HOW
> to deal with faulty scripts ?!
>
> For exampel one can try this download:
> http://download.cnet.com/3001-2239_4...art=dl-6270509
>
> When I click DOWNLOAD, IE8 starts to 'load' something (according to the
> blue
> line at the bottom), but then nothing happens, until a window poppes up
> asking:
>
> "Stop running this script?
> A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly", and so
> on, and it really doesn't matter if I click YES or NO, since it'll keep
> coming back again, and there is no way to ever get the download to start.
>

> Also this download has the very same problem:
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...tPopTwoColWrap
>
> Or ANY download one can chose from the frontpage at:
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Windows
>
> It's been like this ever since IE8 came out, and surely more people than
> me
> must have experienced this on different sites ?!
>

> /BB!

Very frustrating but allowing cookies for cnet.com should cure the problem.
It did for me.

--
Helroy
<><>

Don Varnau

Re: download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...
Hi,
I haven't seen this problem at download.com. Try these steps:
1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorers (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

2. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Bara!" <Bara!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Every fu%¤&ng time I visit download.cnet.com IE8 crashes due to their

faulty
> scripts!
>
> WHY isn't IE8 protected against faulty scripts, or why doesn't IE8 know

HOW
> to deal with faulty scripts ?!
>
> For exampel one can try this download:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-2239_4...art=dl-6270509

> When I click DOWNLOAD, IE8 starts to 'load' something (according to the

blue
> line at the bottom), but then nothing happens, until a window poppes up
> asking:
>
> "Stop running this script?
> A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly", and so
> on, and it really doesn't matter if I click YES or NO, since it'll keep
> coming back again, and there is no way to ever get the download to start.
>

> Also this download has the very same problem:

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...tPopTwoColWrap

> Or ANY download one can chose from the frontpage at:
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Windows
>
> It's been like this ever since IE8 came out, and surely more people than

me
> must have experienced this on different sites ?!
>

> /BB!

Re: download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?

Bara! wrote:
> Every fu%¤&ng time I visit download.cnet.com IE8 crashes due to their
> faulty
> scripts!
>
> WHY isn't IE8 protected against faulty scripts, or why doesn't IE8 know
> HOW
> to deal with faulty scripts ?!
>
> For exampel one can try this download:
> http://download.cnet.com/3001-2239_4...art=dl-6270509
>
> When I click DOWNLOAD, IE8 starts to 'load' something (according to the
> blue
> line at the bottom), but then nothing happens, until a window poppes up
> asking:
>
> "Stop running this script?
> A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly", and so
> on, and it really doesn't matter if I click YES or NO, since it'll keep
> coming back again, and there is no way to ever get the download to start.
>

> Also this download has the very same problem:
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...tPopTwoColWrap
>
> Or ANY download one can chose from the frontpage at:
>
> http://download.cnet.com/Windows
>
> It's been like this ever since IE8 came out, and surely more people than
> me
> must have experienced this on different sites ?!
>

> /BB!

Bara!

Re: download.cnet.com always crashes IE8 with its Scripts...

Thanx, My mind must have been preoccupied with something else, that worked!
:-)

But I can't get that the site doesn't add a control that warns one if one
has cookies turned off...

Must be thousands of people that fails in downloading from CNet due to not
allowing cookies!