Closing Pop up's

compositor

Closing Pop up's
I don't know if this is related to the browser or the OS, but when a pop-up
opens underneath the browser, I'd like to be able to "right-click" on the
task in the taskbar and close it without bring it forward.

Is there any way to do this as of now?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Charles W Davis

Re: Closing Pop up's
Just a work-around, use the Google Chrome browser. If you want no popups,
you won't get popunders either.

"compositor" <compositor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know if this is related to the browser or the OS, but when a pop-up
> opens underneath the browser, I'd like to be able to "right-click" on the
> task in the taskbar and close it without bring it forward.
>
> Is there any way to do this as of now?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

compositor

Re: Closing Pop up's
Maybe so but Windows really sucks in this regard I feel.

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> Just a work-around, use the Google Chrome browser. If you want no popups,
> you won't get popunders either.
>
> "compositor" <compositor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't know if this is related to the browser or the OS, but when a pop-up
> > opens underneath the browser, I'd like to be able to "right-click" on the
> > task in the taskbar and close it without bring it forward.
> >
> > Is there any way to do this as of now?
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Closing Pop up's

"compositor" <compositor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CFE5CDE-34EB-4387-AA23-59853F805A92@microsoft.com...
>I don't know if this is related to the browser or the OS, but when a pop-up
> opens underneath the browser, I'd like to be able to "right-click" on the
> task in the taskbar and close it without bring it forward.
>

> Is there any way to do this as of now?

Yes. It is a function of the OS. Use Taskbar grouping to do what you want.
If you have XP you can use its TweakUI tool to set the grouping level down to 2;
otherwise the grouping effect only starts happening at a higher level.

---

compositor

Re: Closing Pop up's

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "compositor" <compositor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CFE5CDE-34EB-4387-AA23-59853F805A92@microsoft.com...
> >I don't know if this is related to the browser or the OS, but when a pop-up
> > opens underneath the browser, I'd like to be able to "right-click" on the
> > task in the taskbar and close it without bring it forward.
> >

> > Is there any way to do this as of now?

> Yes. It is a function of the OS. Use Taskbar grouping to do what you want.
> If you have XP you can use its TweakUI tool to set the grouping level down to 2;
> otherwise the grouping effect only starts happening at a higher level.
>

> ---

That's right but in no way is it good enough.