RE: A few suggestions and feature requests for Internet Explorer 7

Prattaratt

RE: A few suggestions and feature requests for Internet Explorer 7
The one option that I would really like to see Microsoft implement is an
option to save open tabs and reopen them automatically after IE restarts like
Firefox does. This saves me so much time in the morning when I startup my
work computer.

"Birdynumnum" wrote:

> IE7 looks like it is going to be great however I do have a few suggestions
>
> 1. A load-once option. If IE7 is already running, I think that with the
> tabbed brousing, there is no need for a new IE window to open when you load a
> html file off the hard drive or select a URL shortcut stored on your
> harddrive. I would be nice to have the option to have it load straight onto
> a new tab on the IE that you have already got running
>
> 2. I'm sure this will be fixed in the final version but I'm not fond on the
> new toolbar layout and unfortunatly, unlocking them and dragging them where I
> want them doesn't seem to work
>
> 3. I would love to see an inbuilt download manager in IE like Firefox has.
> Never liked firefox but that is one great feature it has that IE doesn't,
> would love to see it implemented and maybe improved such as automatically
> downloading certain filetypes to directories of operators choosing
>
> 4. Though this can be done manually, I would like an option to create a
> local homepage which would have thumbnails of all the operators favourite
> sites
>
> 5. OK, maybe more an option for IE8 that IE7 but would love to see a full
> internet suite with internet brousing, email, RSS, Instant Messaging and
> Download Manager all in one program with a small toolbar, maybe at the bottom
> of the screen allowing me access to each. Maybe even a direct P2P service
> that would allow me to send & recieve large files to friends
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Bob

Re: A few suggestions and feature requests for Internet Explorer 7
IE does have that option.
When you get the small window asking you if you want to close all tabs
click on "show options".

"Prattaratt" <Prattaratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The one option that I would really like to see Microsoft implement is an
> option to save open tabs and reopen them automatically after IE restarts
> like
> Firefox does. This saves me so much time in the morning when I startup my
> work computer.
>
> "Birdynumnum" wrote:
>
>> IE7 looks like it is going to be great however I do have a few
>> suggestions
>>
>> 1. A load-once option. If IE7 is already running, I think that with the
>> tabbed brousing, there is no need for a new IE window to open when you
>> load a
>> html file off the hard drive or select a URL shortcut stored on your
>> harddrive. I would be nice to have the option to have it load straight
>> onto
>> a new tab on the IE that you have already got running
>>
>> 2. I'm sure this will be fixed in the final version but I'm not fond on
>> the
>> new toolbar layout and unfortunatly, unlocking them and dragging them
>> where I
>> want them doesn't seem to work
>>
>> 3. I would love to see an inbuilt download manager in IE like Firefox
>> has.
>> Never liked firefox but that is one great feature it has that IE doesn't,
>> would love to see it implemented and maybe improved such as automatically
>> downloading certain filetypes to directories of operators choosing
>>
>> 4. Though this can be done manually, I would like an option to create a
>> local homepage which would have thumbnails of all the operators favourite
>> sites
>>
>> 5. OK, maybe more an option for IE8 that IE7 but would love to see a full
>> internet suite with internet brousing, email, RSS, Instant Messaging and
>> Download Manager all in one program with a small toolbar, maybe at the
>> bottom
>> of the screen allowing me access to each. Maybe even a direct P2P
>> service
>> that would allow me to send & recieve large files to friends
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Gordon

Re: A few suggestions and feature requests for Internet Explorer 7

"Prattaratt" <Prattaratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The one option that I would really like to see Microsoft implement is an
> option to save open tabs and reopen them automatically after IE restarts
> like
> Firefox does. This saves me so much time in the morning when I startup my
> work computer.

If these are the same sites every day, then just set them all as your Home
pages.