Hudson Will not Load

Bob

Hudson Will not Load
I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons at
each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very strange.
I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not convenient.
--
Bob
Don Varnau

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Hi,
1.Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
3. Were changes made to Internet Explorer or was a third-party security
program installed or updated just before the problem began?
4. Were you able, in the past, to access these websites?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
> unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons

at
> each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very

strange.
> I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not

convenient.
> -
> Bob

Bill

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Post your logon details and I will see if I can workout your problem!

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
> unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons
> at
> each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very
> strange.
> I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not
> convenient.
> --
> Bob

Bob

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Please post your name, address, mother's maiden name, Social Security #,
D.OB. and bank account # and I'll check it out for you.

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
> unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons
> at
> each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very
> strange.
> I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not
> convenient.
> --
> Bob

Bob

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Thanks for you concern. I was able to open Hudson Valley Bank since May,
2008. In May 2009, I was unable to open Hudson City. Hudson Valley Bank had
new program in August, 2009 which I could bring up but when I attempted to
open online, it would not load. I installed SP2 when available and IE8. All
securtiy programs and anti virus were shut off. It may sound strange but
deed within the bowels of my computer is something that says to avoid Hudson.
Unfortunately I live in SE NY.--
Bob

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1.Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> 3. Were changes made to Internet Explorer or was a third-party security
> program installed or updated just before the problem began?
> 4. Were you able, in the past, to access these websites?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
> > unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons

> at
> > each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very

> strange.
> > I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not

> convenient.
> > -
> > Bob

Bob

Re: Hudson Will not Load
I know you mean well but it is a strange request. I will not supply to
anyone. Also the sign ins do not work that way.
--
Bob

"Bob" wrote:

> Please post your name, address, mother's maiden name, Social Security #,
> D.OB. and bank account # and I'll check it out for you.
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I am
> > unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer persons
> > at
> > each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very
> > strange.
> > I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not
> > convenient.
> > --
> > Bob

Don Varnau

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Hi,
1. Is the Operating System XP SP2?

2. When one of these pages fails to display, is the Compatibility View icon
visible to the right of the Address Bar? (Looks like a broken page/ torn
piece of paper) If that icon is visible, does clicking it to invoke
Compatibility View help?

3. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx

> Thanks for you concern. I was able to open Hudson Valley Bank since May,
> 2008. In May 2009, I was unable to open Hudson City. Hudson Valley Bank

had
> new program in August, 2009 which I could bring up but when I attempted to
> open online, it would not load. I installed SP2 when available and IE8.

All
> securtiy programs and anti virus were shut off. It may sound strange but
> deed within the bowels of my computer is something that says to avoid

Hudson.
> Unfortunately I live in SE NY.--
> Bob

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1.Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> > 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> > 3. Were changes made to Internet Explorer or was a third-party security
> > program installed or updated just before the problem began?
> > 4. Were you able, in the past, to access these websites?

> > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a bank account at Hudson Valley Bank and Hudson City Bank. I

am
> > > unable to load either online. I have spoken to the head computer

persons
> > at
> > > each place. There is something in my computer that prevents. Very

> > strange.
> > > I have the banks to change their names but they felt it was not

> > convenient.
> > > -
> > > Bob

Bob

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Thanks for your time an effort. I have Vista Home. Tried playing with IE-8
suggestions. No avail. Bob
--
Bob

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Is the Operating System XP SP2?
>
> 2. When one of these pages fails to display, is the Compatibility View icon
> visible to the right of the Address Bar? (Looks like a broken page/ torn
> piece of paper) If that icon is visible, does clicking it to invoke
> Compatibility View help?
>
> 3. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>
> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
> data:
> IE PassView- NirSoft:
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>
> What a reset of IE settings will do:
> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for you concern. I was able to open Hudson Valley Bank since May,
> > 2008. In May 2009, I was unable to open Hudson City. Hudson Valley Bank

> had
> > new program in August, 2009 which I could bring up but when I attempted to
> > open online, it would not load. I installed SP2 when available and IE8.

> All
> > securtiy programs and anti virus were shut off. It may sound strange but
> > deed within the bowels of my computer is something that says to avoid

> Hudson.
> > Unfortunately I live in SE NY.--
> > Bob

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1.Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.)
> > > 2. Which version of Internet Explorer?
> > > 3. Were changes made to Internet Explorer or was a third-party security
> > > program installed or updated just before the problem began?
> > > 4. Were you able, in the past, to access these websites?

> > > "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> am

> persons
> > > at
> > > strange.
> > > convenient.

Bob

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Do you have (or ever had) Norton or McAfee security software installed?

> Thanks for your time an effort. I have Vista Home. Tried playing with
> IE-8
> suggestions. No avail. Bob
> --
> Bob
>

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> 1. Is the Operating System XP SP2?
>>
>> 2. When one of these pages fails to display, is the Compatibility View
>> icon
>> visible to the right of the Address Bar? (Looks like a broken page/ torn
>> piece of paper) If that icon is visible, does clicking it to invoke
>> Compatibility View help?
>>
>> 3. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
>> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons,
>> work
>> through this article:
>> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>>
>> Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
>> data:
>> IE PassView- NirSoft:
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>>
>> What a reset of IE settings will do:
>> Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
>>
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for you concern. I was able to open Hudson Valley Bank since
>> > May,
>> > 2008. In May 2009, I was unable to open Hudson City. Hudson Valley
>> > Bank

>> had
>> > new program in August, 2009 which I could bring up but when I attempted
>> > open online, it would not load. I installed SP2 when available and
>> > IE8.

>> All
>> > securtiy programs and anti virus were shut off. It may sound strange
>> > but
>> > deed within the bowels of my computer is something that says to avoid

>> Hudson.
>> > Unfortunately I live in SE NY.--
>> > Bob

>> am

>> persons

Don Varnau

Re: Hudson Will not Load
Hi,
To clarify...
1. Are you seeing an error message? What's the message? When does it appear?
2. Are you connecting to the site, but unable to login?
3. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
4. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the hosts file at Local Disk>
Windows> System32> drivers> etc. Open the hosts file with notepad. Are there
any entries (URLs, sites) other than this?

# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
- - -
5. If you install Firefox and/or Chrome
http://www.mozilla.com
http://www.google.com/chrome
can either of these browsers connect to the site/display the pages?
6. Do you occasionally shut *everything* down- computer, modem, router, etc?
-