Problem when close IE webbrowser.

JMK

Problem when close IE webbrowser.
I have Windows XP SP3 and IE8. Whenever I close an IE window I receive an
error message that says something like Windows encountered problems and had
to shut down this program. It only occurs when I am trying to close a window
but it has happened when trying to download software if the download will
automatically close a window. Please help.
JMK

RE: Problem when close IE webbrowser.
I posted this message earlier. The exact message I receive is "Data
Execution Prevention" "To help protect your computer, Windows has closed
this program."
If you know how to fix this please let me know.

"JMK" wrote:

> I have Windows XP SP3 and IE8. Whenever I close an IE window I receive an
> error message that says something like Windows encountered problems and had
> to shut down this program. It only occurs when I am trying to close a window
> but it has happened when trying to download software if the download will
> automatically close a window. Please help.

Don Varnau

Re: Problem when close IE webbrowser.
Hi,
Check for a troublesome browser add-on.
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"JMK" <JMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP SP3 and IE8. Whenever I close an IE window I receive an
> error message that says something like Windows encountered problems and

had
> to shut down this program. It only occurs when I am trying to close a

window
> but it has happened when trying to download software if the download will
> automatically close a window. Please help.

SATANACH

Re: Problem when close IE webbrowser.
Had same prob with IE8 disabld actx one at a time to solve prob turns out it
was silverlight act x causing it try disabling it in your tools controls in
IE8 tools>manage addons> scroll down hilight silverlight clickon disable at
bottom of control >close exit IE8 reenter should now close normally