problem with IE 6

deb

problem with IE 6
I am getting "your security settings do not allow websites to use activeX
controls installed on your computer. I have enabled and disabled automatic
prompting for ActiveX controls and automatic prompting for file downloads -
neither works - I still get the error. I have even uninstalled and
reinstalled IE 6
Don Varnau

Re: problem with IE 6
Hi,
1. If the Windows version is XP SP2 or XP SP3, change this setting, just to
test. I would not leave this checked: Internet Options> Advanced> Security>
(check) Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.

2. Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set to default.

3. Is a third-party security program blocking ActiveX/active content?
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting "your security settings do not allow websites to use activeX
> controls installed on your computer. I have enabled and disabled

automatic
> prompting for ActiveX controls and automatic prompting for file

downloads -
> neither works - I still get the error. I have even uninstalled and
> reinstalled IE 6

deb

Re: problem with IE 6
I did step 1 and 2 but still does not work
how do I find out if I have a 3rd party product that's controlling this?

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. If the Windows version is XP SP2 or XP SP3, change this setting, just to
> test. I would not leave this checked: Internet Options> Advanced> Security>
> (check) Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.
>
> 2. Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set to default.
>
> 3. Is a third-party security program blocking ActiveX/active content?
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am getting "your security settings do not allow websites to use activeX
> > controls installed on your computer. I have enabled and disabled

> automatic
> > prompting for ActiveX controls and automatic prompting for file

> downloads -
> > neither works - I still get the error. I have even uninstalled and
> > reinstalled IE 6

Don Varnau

Re: problem with IE 6
Hi,
Look through settings of antivirus/security suite programs for an option to
block ActiveX, block active content, block scripts/scripting, etc.

Assuming that this happens at a few selected sites, if you *do* trust these
sites, try placing them in Trusted Sites.
To add a trusted site... Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Uncheck
"Require server verification" and enter the site as (for example)
*.amazon.com

> I did step 1 and 2 but still does not work
> how do I find out if I have a 3rd party product that's controlling this?

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. If the Windows version is XP SP2 or XP SP3, change this setting, just

> > test. I would not leave this checked: Internet Options> Advanced>

Security>
> > (check) Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.
> >
> > 2. Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set to default.
> >
> > 3. Is a third-party security program blocking ActiveX/active content?

> > "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am getting "your security settings do not allow websites to use

activeX
> > > controls installed on your computer. I have enabled and disabled

> > automatic
> > > prompting for ActiveX controls and automatic prompting for file

> > downloads -
> > > neither works - I still get the error. I have even uninstalled and
> > > reinstalled IE 6

deb

Re: problem with IE 6
am using avast and do not see anywhere that says anything about activex
tried adding to trusted sites still get the message

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Look through settings of antivirus/security suite programs for an option to
> block ActiveX, block active content, block scripts/scripting, etc.
>
> Assuming that this happens at a few selected sites, if you *do* trust these
> sites, try placing them in Trusted Sites.
> To add a trusted site... Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Uncheck
> "Require server verification" and enter the site as (for example)
> *.amazon.com
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I did step 1 and 2 but still does not work
> > how do I find out if I have a 3rd party product that's controlling this?

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1. If the Windows version is XP SP2 or XP SP3, change this setting, just

> > > test. I would not leave this checked: Internet Options> Advanced>

> Security>
> > > (check) Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.
> > >
> > > 2. Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set to default.
> > >
> > > 3. Is a third-party security program blocking ActiveX/active content?

> > > "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> activeX
> > > automatic
> > > downloads -

Don Varnau

Re: problem with IE 6
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1, SP2 ,etc.) This
information will be available from right-clicking My Computer> Properties.

Which specific version of Internet Explorer (from IE> Help> About?) e.g.
6.00.2900.5512

> am using avast and do not see anywhere that says anything about activex
> tried adding to trusted sites still get the message

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Look through settings of antivirus/security suite programs for an option

> > block ActiveX, block active content, block scripts/scripting, etc.
> >
> > Assuming that this happens at a few selected sites, if you *do* trust

these
> > sites, try placing them in Trusted Sites.
> > To add a trusted site... Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites>

Uncheck
> > "Require server verification" and enter the site as (for example)
> > *.amazon.com

> > "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I did step 1 and 2 but still does not work
> > > how do I find out if I have a 3rd party product that's controlling

this?

just

> > Security>

content?