1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE in No Add-ons mode:
=> Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).
Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:
2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
<= Read before using!
3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
Mark Moss wrote:
> I am running Windows XP with SP3 and all current updates applied.
> I installed IE 8 about 2 months ago and I am having a problem with
> I normaly have 5 to 7 windows open at any given time and after
> running for a day
> my memory usage for all the iexplorer.exe tasks will be greater
> It will only clear up after I shut down all of my IE8 windows, but
> as soon as I open
> them again memory usage just starts to climb.