Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
matthew004 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help
Recently whenever I go on one specific website I'll keep getting the following error box:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve
Internet Explorer. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, clickhere

Debug Send Error Report Don't Send

Then when I opt to either send or not send the error report I get the following message:


this tab has been recovered. A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.

When I go to the site in no add on mode it does not hppen but I don't want to have to go to the site in no add on mode all the time and would like to figure out how to fix the problem. Please help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What website?


Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode (applies to IE8,
too)
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
www.banthecheck.com


matthew004 wrote:
> Recently whenever I go on one specific website I'll keep getting the
> following error box:
>
> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
> to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

<snip>
> When I go to the site in no add on mode it does not hppen but I don't
> want to have to go to the site in no add on mode all the time and would
> like to figure out how to fix the problem. Please help.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
matthew004 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help
I use WinXP but am not entirely sure what SP it is. The webiste is called flickchart.com.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009
turbovin13
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help
Hello,

I am using IE8 on a Wn 7 Pro (32 bit) Laptop.

I have noticed that many times when I visit some sites (one of them being
www.engadget.com) the IE window hangs. When I bring up the task bar and kill
the IE instance, I get the following message -

'this tab has been recovered. A problem with this webpage caused Internet
Explorer to close and reopen the tab'

The tab then loads properly. Never happened to me in IE7. Have never used
IE8 on Vista, so no idea if it is a OS or IE related issue.

The error is quite recurring on the engadget website.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What website?
>
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode (applies to IE8,
> too)
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>
> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> www.banthecheck.com
>
>
> matthew004 wrote:
> > Recently whenever I go on one specific website I'll keep getting the
> > following error box:
> >
> > Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
> > to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

> <snip>
> > When I go to the site in no add on mode it does not hppen but I don't
> > want to have to go to the site in no add on mode all the time and would
> > like to figure out how to fix the problem. Please help.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 problem with tabs being recovered please help

"turbovin13" <turbovin13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:730D1A11-4C64-44E3-A50E-C4578434438B@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am using IE8 on a Wn 7 Pro (32 bit) Laptop.
>
> I have noticed that many times when I visit some sites (one of them being
> www.engadget.com) the IE window hangs.



Is that supposed to be sufficient information for someone to reproduce
your symptom?

BTW since you aren't the OP but are posting this Me too! in that poster's
thread are we to assume that your symptom doesn't occur in No Add-ons
mode too?



> When I bring up the task bar and kill
> the IE instance, I get the following message -
>
> 'this tab has been recovered. A problem with this webpage caused Internet
> Explorer to close and reopen the tab'
>
> The tab then loads properly. Never happened to me in IE7. Have never used
> IE8 on Vista, so no idea if it is a OS or IE related issue.
>
> The error is quite recurring on the engadget website.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> What website?
>>
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode (applies to IE8,
>> too)
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>
>> Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>
>>
>> matthew004 wrote:



http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-e035c4e14928


>> > Recently whenever I go on one specific website I'll keep getting the
>> > following error box:
>> >
>> > Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs
>> > to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

>> <snip>
>> > When I go to the site in no add on mode it does not hppen but I don't
>> > want to have to go to the site in no add on mode all the time and would
>> > like to figure out how to fix the problem. Please help.

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with all windows/tabs closing. calisteph microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 09-08-2009 10:13
IE8 Problem: Closing Tabs Pippen1963 microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 08-09-2009 14:29
IE 7 Encounters Problem/Closes--Using Tabs Not happy :( microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 08-20-2008 02:00
problem with tabs in IE7 at_the_track microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 08-03-2008 21:52
ie7 sp3 problem with tabs, opening links cctek microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 07-11-2008 23:29




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120