Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Pop up ads

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
Joy
 

Posts: n/a
Pop up ads
I have IE 7, WinXP. I've been getting pop-up ads, which are a list of
several companies selling whatever product I've done a search for (or
clicked a link for). I have Webroot Anti-virus & Anti-spyware. A nephew
visiting recently (working on something else on my computer) thought it
might be malware. In addition to the Webroot, I then downloaded Lavasoft
Ad-Aware and ran it, but I'm still getting the pop-ups. What else
can/should I do?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pop up ads
Run the Malicious Software Removal Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.aspx


"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:eGMT8dKMKHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I have IE 7, WinXP. I've been getting pop-up ads, which are a list of
>several companies selling whatever product I've done a search for (or
>clicked a link for). I have Webroot Anti-virus & Anti-spyware. A nephew
>visiting recently (working on something else on my computer) thought it
>might be malware. In addition to the Webroot, I then downloaded Lavasoft
>Ad-Aware and ran it, but I'm still getting the pop-ups. What else
>can/should I do?
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2009
Joy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pop up ads
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it, and ran it (quick scan) and it
said "no malicious (software or whatever word it used) detected".

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:OTeeMnKMKHA.3192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Run the Malicious Software Removal Tool
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.aspx
>
>
> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:eGMT8dKMKHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>I have IE 7, WinXP. I've been getting pop-up ads, which are a list of
>>several companies selling whatever product I've done a search for (or
>>clicked a link for). I have Webroot Anti-virus & Anti-spyware. A nephew
>>visiting recently (working on something else on my computer) thought it
>>might be malware. In addition to the Webroot, I then downloaded Lavasoft
>>Ad-Aware and ran it, but I'm still getting the pop-ups. What else
>>can/should I do?
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2009
Elvis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pop up ads


"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:ujaoRDMMKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded it, and ran it (quick scan) and
> it said "no malicious (software or whatever word it used) detected".


cut

hi
try superantispyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

install, update and scan



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120