IE8

mido1971

IE8
Installed IE8. Works fine , but it seems a bit sluggish, When I want to open
a new tab (Ctrl-T) it takes up to 15 seconds to actually get the new tab
going and ready to accept input. I'm just wondering whether you guys have the
same/similar problems (IE also takes considerable time to fire up the first
time)

This is on Windows XP pro ,

Re: IE8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

mido1971 wrote:
> Installed IE8. Works fine , but it seems a bit sluggish, When I want to
> open a new tab (Ctrl-T) it takes up to 15 seconds to actually get the new
> tab going and ready to accept input. I'm just wondering whether you guys
> have the same/similar problems (IE also takes considerable time to fire up
> the first time)
>
> This is on Windows XP pro ,

mido1971

Re: IE8
thanks for ur replay

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.

WinXP PRO SP3 with 1 GB Ram

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE thanks for ur replay in No Add-ons mode? To start

without add on is vey quick but i suppose to use IE8 with add on where u
need the add on

YES

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?

i dont think the antivirus is the problem where my pc is a client in
network and our server take care for all that

notice i dont have problem in opening web page my problem is opening IE 8
and opening new tab

thanks for ur help

Re: IE8
mido1971 wrote:
> thanks for ur replay
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>

> WinXP PRO SP3 with 1 GB Ram
>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE thanks for ur replay in No
>> Add-ons mode? To start

> without add on is vey quick but i suppose to use IE8 with add on where u
> need the add on

> YES
>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed
>> IE8?
>>

> i dont think the antivirus is the problem where my pc is a client in
> network and our server take care for all that
>
> notice i dont have problem in opening web page my problem is opening IE 8
> and opening new tab
>

> thanks for ur help

YW. Something's screwy if you do not see the behavior when starting IE8 in
No Add-ons mode but you still see the behavior after doing a reset.

Please answer my question #3.

mido1971

Re: IE8
ok my antivirus is norton corporition 10.1800 server suit wth isa server 2000
with subscribtion ok thats is all

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> mido1971 wrote:
> > thanks for ur replay
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
> >> when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>

> > WinXP PRO SP3 with 1 GB Ram
> >
> >> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE thanks for ur replay in No
> >> Add-ons mode? To start

> > without add on is vey quick but i suppose to use IE8 with add on where u
> > need the add on
> >
> >> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 <= Read before using!
> >>

> > YES
> >
> >> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> >> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
> >> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> >> installed
> >> IE8?
> >>

> > i dont think the antivirus is the problem where my pc is a client in
> > network and our server take care for all that
> >
> > notice i dont have problem in opening web page my problem is opening IE 8
> > and opening new tab
> >

> > thanks for ur help

> YW. Something's screwy if you do not see the behavior when starting IE8 in
> No Add-ons mode but you still see the behavior after doing a reset.
>
> Please answer my question #3.

Re: IE8

mido1971 wrote:
> ok my antivirus is norton corporition 10.1800 server suit wth isa server
> 2000 with subscribtion ok thats is all
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> mido1971 wrote:
>>> thanks for ur replay

>>> WinXP PRO SP3 with 1 GB Ram

>>> without add on is vey quick but i suppose to use IE8 with add on where
>>> need the add on

>>> YES

>>> i dont think the antivirus is the problem where my pc is a client in
>>> network and our server take care for all that
>>>
>>> notice i dont have problem in opening web page my problem is opening IE
>>> 8
>>> and opening new tab
>>>

>>> thanks for ur help

>> YW. Something's screwy if you do not see the behavior when starting IE8
>> in
>> No Add-ons mode but you still see the behavior after doing a reset.
>>
>> Please answer my question #3.

mido1971

Re: IE8
yes it was,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> mido1971 wrote:
> > ok my antivirus is norton corporition 10.1800 server suit wth isa server
> > 2000 with subscribtion ok thats is all

> >> YW. Something's screwy if you do not see the behavior when starting IE8
> >> in
> >> No Add-ons mode but you still see the behavior after doing a reset.
> >>
> >> Please answer my question #3.

mido1971

Re: IE8
yes it was,

onther thing i didnt install ie8 diercty, it was from windows update with
all other updates

> > mido1971 wrote:
> > > ok my antivirus is norton corporition 10.1800 server suit wth isa server
> > > 2000 with subscribtion ok thats is all

Re: IE8
Thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...82d1eb4a77b787
(#5 &ff)

Big mistake IMHO.

See if fully disabling NAV and then uninstalling IE8 per
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700 leaves your previous version of IE
(e.g., IE7) functional.

NB: Do NOT reinstall IE8 yet!

mido1971 wrote:
> yes it was,

>> mido1971 wrote:
>>> ok my antivirus is norton corporition 10.1800 server suit wth isa server
>>> 2000 with subscribtion ok thats is all

mido1971

Re: IE8
thanks for ur help, i will try to disable nav and restor IE6 because IE7 was
very heavy to my pc and slow, i will do that on monday at work

wating ur advice

thanks