Burning Favorites To A CD?

Scotirish

Burning Favorites To A CD?
Hi,

I would like to put my listings of Favorites on a CD. How do I go about it?

Thanks,
Scotirish

Re: Burning Favorites To A CD?
Windows version? IE version? What do you plan to do with the Favorites
once they're on a CD?

Scotirish wrote:
> I would like to put my listings of Favorites on a CD. How do I go about
> it?

Scotirish

Re: Burning Favorites To A CD?
Windows XP Home SP3. IE8. Put CD in file cabinet , later add to another
computer
(Window XP Pro SP3).

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? IE version? What do you plan to do with the Favorites
> once they're on a CD?
>

> Scotirish wrote:
> > I would like to put my listings of Favorites on a CD. How do I go about
> > it?

Re: Burning Favorites To A CD?
Description of the Import/Export Wizard That Is Included with Internet
Explorer 5.0 or Later
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221523

1. Export your Favorites per KB221523. Save the exported file
(BOOKMARK.HTM) to your desktop.

2. Copy BOOKMARK.HTM to the CD.

3. When you want to import the Favorites into IE on the other computer,
place a copy of BOOKMARK.HTM on the target computer's desktop.

4. Follow the instructions in KB221523 to import the Favorites, pointing the
wizard to the desktop file.

If the target computer is not running IE8, you may find that you need...

Error "Not a valid bookmark file" when Importing IE8 Bookmarks (Favorites)
to IE7
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/er...orites-to-ie7/

--
~PA Bear
www.banthecheck.com

Scotirish wrote:
> Windows XP Home SP3. IE8. Put CD in file cabinet , later add to another
> computer (Window XP Pro SP3).
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Windows version? IE version? What do you plan to do with the Favorites
>> once they're on a CD?
>>
>> Scotirish wrote:
>>> I would like to put my listings of Favorites on a CD. How do I go about
>>> it?

Scotirish

Re: Burning Favorites To A CD?
Many thanks for the superb instructions!

Scotirish

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Description of the Import/Export Wizard That Is Included with Internet
> Explorer 5.0 or Later
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221523
>
> 1. Export your Favorites per KB221523. Save the exported file
> (BOOKMARK.HTM) to your desktop.
>
> 2. Copy BOOKMARK.HTM to the CD.
>
> 3. When you want to import the Favorites into IE on the other computer,
> place a copy of BOOKMARK.HTM on the target computer's desktop.
>
> 4. Follow the instructions in KB221523 to import the Favorites, pointing the
> wizard to the desktop file.
>
> If the target computer is not running IE8, you may find that you need...
>
> Error "Not a valid bookmark file" when Importing IE8 Bookmarks (Favorites)
> to IE7
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/er...orites-to-ie7/
>
> --
> ~PA Bear
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Scotirish wrote:
> > Windows XP Home SP3. IE8. Put CD in file cabinet , later add to another
> > computer (Window XP Pro SP3).
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Windows version? IE version? What do you plan to do with the Favorites
> >> once they're on a CD?

Re: Burning Favorites To A CD?
YW!