Re: IE8: Black menu and favorites bar

lourdesmz

Re: IE8: Black menu and favorites bar
I see that many IE8 users are having the same problem that I have,
however, I don't see anyone responding to them.

How am I suppose to correct this issue of having a black menu where I
have to "guess" where my click options are???

I'm about to change back to IE7 but I really don't want to.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you so much!

Lourdes

On Jul 14, 10:50*am, Leonard Grey <l.g...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Can't reproduce that problem here.
>
> Do you experience the same problem when you start IE 8 in 'no add-ons' mode?
>
> Do you experience the same problem when you switch to the default
> Windows XP theme? (Control Panel > Display > Themes tab > choose
> 'Windows XP')
>
> Are you using third-party themes or desktop customization software
> (WindowBlinds or something like that)?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>

> Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> > Hi,

> > after upgrading my XP (display option is "Windows classic" / "Windows
> > Standard") from IE7 to IE8 the background color of the menu and
> > favorites bar isblackwhich makes IE nearly unusable (blacklabels on
> >blackbackground). As a workaround I temporary change the desktop
> > background color toblackand then back to green, and after restarting
> > IE the background color of both bars is gray as it was with IE7. After
> > system reboot the problem reoccurs.

> > How can I fix this bug permanently?

> > Regards,
> > Bernhard- Hide quoted text -

skeeter

"lourdesmz" <lourdesmz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I see that many IE8 users are having the same problem that I have,
> however, I don't see anyone responding to them.
>
> How am I suppose to correct this issue of having a black menu where I
> have to "guess" where my click options are???
>
> I'm about to change back to IE7 but I really don't want to.
>
> Can anyone please help me?
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> Lourdes
>

> On Jul 14, 10:50 am, Leonard Grey <l.g...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Can't reproduce that problem here.
>>
>> Do you experience the same problem when you start IE 8 in 'no add-ons'
>> mode?
>>
>> Do you experience the same problem when you switch to the default
>> Windows XP theme? (Control Panel > Display > Themes tab > choose
>> 'Windows XP')
>>
>> Are you using third-party themes or desktop customization software
>> (WindowBlinds or something like that)?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>

>> Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > after upgrading my XP (display option is "Windows classic" / "Windows
>> > Standard") from IE7 to IE8 the background color of the menu and
>> > favorites bar isblackwhich makes IE nearly unusable (blacklabels on
>> >blackbackground). As a workaround I temporary change the desktop
>> > background color toblackand then back to green, and after restarting
>> > IE the background color of both bars is gray as it was with IE7. After
>> > system reboot the problem reoccurs.

>> > How can I fix this bug permanently?

>> > Regards,
>> > Bernhard- Hide quoted text -

run with no add ons.

Opinicus

Re: IE8: Black menu and favorites bar
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:43:54 -0400, "skeeter" <skeeterdoo@myway.com>
wrote:

> run with no add ons.

I've never run IE with add-ons and I've still had this problem. (On
WinXP; so far not on Vista.) This is what it looks like:
http://www.kanyak.com/stash/ie8.blac...2009.07.29.jpg

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
Bernhard Fischer

Opinicus schrieb:
> I've never run IE with add-ons and I've still had this problem. (On
> WinXP; so far not on Vista.) This is what it looks like:
> http://www.kanyak.com/stash/ie8.blac...2009.07.29.jpg

Have you tried to stop the service "Themes"? If this solves the problem
change the start type of this service from automatic to manual.

Regards,
Bernhard

Opinicus

Re: IE8: Black menu and favorites bar
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:43:49 +0200, Bernhard Fischer <xzy987@gmx.net>
wrote:

> > I've never run IE with add-ons and I've still had this problem. (On
> > WinXP; so far not on Vista.) This is what it looks like:
> > http://www.kanyak.com/stash/ie8.blac...2009.07.29.jpg

> Have you tried to stop the service "Themes"? If this solves the problem
> change the start type of this service from automatic to manual.

So there's a "Themes" service... What would be the effect of making
that manual? (I'm not having a problem with black bars at the moment
so I don't want to fsck things up by tweaking things that don't need
tweaking.)

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
Bernhard Fischer

Opinicus schrieb:
> So there's a "Themes" service... What would be the effect of making
> that manual? (I'm not having a problem with black bars at the moment
> so I don't want to fsck things up by tweaking things that don't need
> tweaking.)

Making a service manual means it isn't started automatic during system
startup.