Cookies Continue to Appear in IE When Not In Use

Nissi1

Cookies Continue to Appear in IE When Not In Use
I no longer use IE but over a month ago noticed cookies from that browser
whenever I ran CCleaner. Since then I began to check the IE cookies file on
a daily basis and always found the same cookies.

I changed IE's home page to blank thinking the cookies were coming from
there, but they continued to appear. I learned 2 cookies always appear
whenever WMP is used: Live 365 and
onlinestores.metaservices.microsoft.com/switching services. However the
others remain a mystery: atdmt, zune, bing, msn, windowsmarketplace, live.
I will delete everything from IE Cookies file only to open it 1/2 hour later
and find the same cookies again!

I have blocked all cookies in IE, 1st and 3rd parties, put them on the Do
Not Allow list and atdmt is also blocked in SpywareBlaster. That tracking
cookie does not appear in the browser I use on a daily basis, so why does it
continually appear in a browser I do not use? Nothing stops these cookies
from appearing. I even downloaded IE8 hoping it would alleviate this
problem; it did not.

rob^_^

Re: Cookies Continue to Appear in IE When Not In Use
Hi,

IE (or parts of it... wininet) is used throughout windows and by 3rd party
windows applications.

Blocking IE from accessing cookies will have no effect on other applications
that are accessing the internet using those cookies.

Regards.

"Nissi1" <Nissi1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I no longer use IE but over a month ago noticed cookies from that browser
> whenever I ran CCleaner. Since then I began to check the IE cookies file
> on
> a daily basis and always found the same cookies.
>
> I changed IE's home page to blank thinking the cookies were coming from
> there, but they continued to appear. I learned 2 cookies always appear
> whenever WMP is used: Live 365 and
> onlinestores.metaservices.microsoft.com/switching services. However the
> others remain a mystery: atdmt, zune, bing, msn, windowsmarketplace,
> live.
> I will delete everything from IE Cookies file only to open it 1/2 hour
> later
> and find the same cookies again!
>
> I have blocked all cookies in IE, 1st and 3rd parties, put them on the Do
> Not Allow list and atdmt is also blocked in SpywareBlaster. That tracking
> cookie does not appear in the browser I use on a daily basis, so why does
> it
> continually appear in a browser I do not use? Nothing stops these cookies
> from appearing. I even downloaded IE8 hoping it would alleviate this
> problem; it did not.

Nissi1

Re: Cookies Continue to Appear in IE When Not In Use
Thank you.