Re: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage
[Crosspost to IE General newsgroup]

> I am running windows XP home edition and internet explorer 7...

Maybe you /were/ running IE7 but you're not now.

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
www.banthecheck.com

Ricola wrote:
> I am running windows XP home edition and internet explorer 7. My problem
> started I with the download of IE8, I was unable to get into my eBay,
> Windows Live, Yahoo messenger. I get the home page, but when I try to sigh
> in I get the message: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage. I
> also
> can't sign in on this site. I had to install Firefox in order to get onto
> my
> eBay account and here.

Ricola

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General newsgroup]
>
> > I am running windows XP home edition and internet explorer 7...

> Maybe you /were/ running IE7 but you're not now.
>
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Ricola wrote:
> > I am running windows XP home edition and internet explorer 7. My problem
> > started I with the download of IE8, I was unable to get into my eBay,
> > Windows Live, Yahoo messenger. I get the home page, but when I try to sigh
> > in I get the message: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage. I
> > also
> > can't sign in on this site. I had to install Firefox in order to get onto
> > my
> > eBay account and here.

> Sorry, my window version is WinXP SP3, also I must clarify myself. My problem started July 27 when I downloaded IE8. When I realized I had a problem I deleted IE8 and IE7 installed itself automatically. But I still got the message: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage. I also tried the Restore Point which did not work.

I have not been brave enough to try to start IE in No Add-ons mode. But will
do it right after my visitors have gone, after this long weekend.
I have CA and the subscription is current. I don't know if it supports IE8.
How can I find out ? I also have PC Tools Anti-Virus, Firewall is Microsoft.
I don't remember if any of these applications where running at the time when
I downloaded IE8. My computer is 6 years old and I use to have Norton but
switched to CA about 3 years ago. Again I am not sure if I have a restore
point.
If I have missed anything please let me know. This is only my second
problem in 6 years.
Thanks for your quick reply it is greatly appriciated.
Ricola
jaybirdy7767

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage
I have the same problem but with getting to anything google. I am at
work right now and can get google there. I have winxp and downloaded
IE8 about a month ago. I have tried all of microsoft recommend fixs
and have restored to a earlier point and reset IE with no help. I
have tried to contact Microsoft but get now answer..phone just rings
till it hangs up...